For lots of you like landscape we could try to make a mystic / foggy landscape book.
End date: 2013-05-14
Comeptition specifications / Terms
1. The theme is mystic landscapes.
2. Photo has to be a mystic landscape, a lanscape with a story that feels somehow like a fairytail or a thrilling story...
4. try making at least 8 photos, all others will decide wich is your best of 8 photos you can also put x photos within in one photo.
5. the photos have to be big enough, take the highest DPI you can shoot with. It must be possible to print the photo a4/letter (8.27 x 11.69 inches) and even better would be a3 (11.69 x 16.54 inches). If its not big enough for the book it wont get in. Please upload at least 2500x2500 pixel, more is only better!
6. if you join the project it is NOT a fact that your photo will be in the book. I will take the privilege to finally decide which photo comes in the book (for example if the photo really doenst fit in it doesn get in).
7. it is a competition there will only be 1 book with the best photos will be taken.
8. all normal photography rules rule of course. If people are on the photo you need to have the permission of the people you shot that they appear in the book. I dont want any legal problem with the book.
9. if you upload a photo and drag it into the on the streetphotograpy menu on the left you cant take the photo back, please think carefully if you really want to join.
11. if you join your photo might be in a book, you have to accept that. And some photos will be used to online in a small version to make commercial for the book and or this website.
12. You need to go to your account settings and choose a timezone so we all know where you are.
13. there will be some more rules but I cant think of any important things at the moment any more.
14. NO LOGO in your photo. Your photo needs to be without logos. Your name and the title of the photo will always be published together.
15. it migh happen that parts of your photo will be cut of if it doesnt fit into the book exactly. This will be done with care and with maintaining the perfect composition. This wasnt done at the waterbook but if this would have been allowed the results could have been better.
16. No borders around your photo.
17. The book will have a maximum of 60 pages, (about) 55 photos will come into the book the best photos will be picked from a team but getting the most votes does help.
You have to agree to the following terms:
1. The competition and promotion of the competition is done by Kujaja
2. Volenteers of Kujaja or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. How to enter your photo?
to be able to join the competitions you need to register at the Kujaja's website, upload your photo (the upload button appears on the right top after registering).After uploading you need to choose the right competition to each photo and click on the save button.
Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph, and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Kujaja from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
Mailed submission are not accepted.
The amount of photos you may upload in any competition may differ and will be mentioned on the terms of the competition.
The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Kujaja, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
You are responsible for the cost (if any) of uploading your photo into the competitions.
You must own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Kujaja has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Kujaja may not consider it and may disqualify it.
Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
5. Closing date for entering photos is mentioned at each competition at the terms tab. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5a. If too many or not enough photos are entered in the competition, Kujaja can change the closing date.
5b. To be able to enter you need a valid email address.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
Each competition is described in a description within the competitions website under the terms tab.
If the quality of the photos is high enough, 2 Photos can be selected by an anonymous or mentioned curator getting the curators choice, 1 photo is selected by the members of the Kujaja community called Viewers Award, and up to 5 photos can be selected and being called special mention. The prizes are virtual titels you cannot wing any objects or cash.
8. Kujaja reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any possible event. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Kujaja.
9. Kujaja is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash or items will be offered as prizes. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to quality of the photos and we reserve the right to not give away a prize at all.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator, Kujaja members, curator or panel of judges appointed by Kujaja.
12. The winner will be notified by a message on his or her photo as soon as possible after the closing date. You will have to look at this website to find out who the winner is.
13. The winners are sometimes mentioned in a winners newsletter.
14. Kujaja’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. By adding a photo to a photocompetition in the upload section you automaticly agree to these terms.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Lybian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Lybia.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name (or virtualname) and photo in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Lybian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available as soon as possible and after closing date.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. The photos entered to the World Street Photography competition can recieve a nomination, this nomination is send by email. The Promotor does not take any responsibility for nomination emails not received for whatever reason.
21a. The photos nominated are collected in a virtual pool. From this pool of photos some photos get selected to be published in our yearly World Street Photography photobook, and some will be exhibited. If your photo gets selected you will be personally notified by email.
21b. Volenteers of Kujaja or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition can be included in the yearly photo book and can get nominated too.
21c. The yearly photo book made, is a private art project and you must accept that it will not be 100% sure if your photo is in the photo book until the book is done printed, even if you were notified that your photo is in the book.
21d. You must accept that the photos printed in the yearly photo book might have different colours or contrast because of the printing process, or get cropped to fit the pages of the book.
22. These terms apply to all competitions of Kujaja.
23. The decision is final and can not be challenged by any court.
24. Any missing legal term can be added to the terms a any time, the Kujaja can not be taken responsible for any mistakes within the terms.
25. The right terms and condition of any competition can only be found on Kujaja's website, and other competition terms and conditions are not valid