One Minute on Earth 2014

Photo Copyright Gusti Yogiswara
Gido
2015-08-11 19:01:21
Hi All photographers from one minute on earth 2014

we want to repeat this project this year on Saturday the 10th of October it would be great to see lots of you again on the one minute on earth 2015! join us at:
http://www.kujaja.com/en/photobooks/show/one-minute-on-earth-2015

have a great week to you all!
Gido (KJ)

(I will post this message too at the test minute from 2013 and OMOE2015, I hope you don't feel bothered if you get this message 2 times)
Batsceba Hardy
2015-09-19 22:48:24
hi Gido, on October 10 I will not be in Berlin, but I'm in Milan. that's okay?
Araai Ruka
2015-09-20 06:51:05
ohwwooowwww..thats great news again...:)
Gido
2015-09-20 08:11:21
Sure Batsceba just mention it in the text of your photo
btw it is,better to discuss here
http://world-street.photography/en/photobooks/discussion/one-minute-on-earth-2015
and also register there
this group is for last years book and projects

I hope lots of you will again join
Batsceba Hardy
2015-09-20 15:39:28
yes, of course, I realized immediately after writing here. thank you!
Sonia Braga
2015-05-08 04:41:32
Hi Gido and Jo, I've just received my copy. It is amazing!
Thank you and congratulations for all team kujaja
Sonia Braga
Araai Ruka
2015-05-06 17:03:30
Hi Gido, I think now I need to e-mail you my postal address once again, since I didn't get any of my copy yet :(

Regards,
Ruka
Gido
2015-04-23 19:26:15
Hi All,

so we finally lowered the price of the OMOE 2014 book, we really need to sell a few more copies so we can start a OMOE 2015 project.

INTERNATIONAL postal:
1 copies €19,99 EUR
2 copies €39,98 EUR
3 copies €59,97 EUR

POSTAL TO GERMANY only
1 copies €15,99 EUR
2 copies €25,99 EUR
3 copies €36,99 EUR

you can order the book at:
http://photobooks.gal lery

have a great day!

Gido
Sonia Braga
2015-04-04 05:09:39
Hi, Kujaja team,

So far I have not received my copy of the book!
How I made my order in november, 3th, I would like to know what happened.
Hope I'll receive soon.
Sonia Braga
Araai Ruka
2015-04-04 14:47:39
I didn't get my copy yet. Dying to watch it on my hand..:(
Sonia Braga
2015-04-05 05:48:10
Hi Jo,
I didn't find the address to send my address. It is www.support@kujaja.com.
Sorry :}
Sonia Braga
2015-04-05 05:52:58
Is it www.support@kujaja.com?

Sonia Braga
2015-04-05 06:36:13
It is just to check because I received the others books quickly.
Thanks Jo!
Gido
2015-04-05 12:47:57
Hi Sonia and Araai,
I'll send you both another copy of the book as soon as I am back in Hamburg. please resend your adress to info@kujaja.com
I guess the postman stole them for we 100%ly did sent you both a book

btw there are here still so many copies left, I guess we ordered too much copies of the book. We would love to repeat OMOE this year in october but with so many copies left we are not really sure. Perhaps we should lower the price of the book, are there people who would buy a second copy for a lower price? what price would be good?

dear regards
Gido

Daniel Boesen Nolan
2015-04-07 08:33:42
I would more than likely by a second copy.
Would be a shame if we weren't able to run OMOE next year!
Gilles Royer
2015-01-26 10:54:20
My copy of the book arrived while I was away, and I am so thrilled with it. It's a beautiful book, so many great photographs in there, and I'm glad I contributed a bit to a great cause. Thanks to Francisco & the team for a fantastic project, and to all fellow photographers for joining in!
Gilles
Francisco Marty
2015-01-22 01:01:27
Dear OMOE 2014 team!

I asked Gido to send me a couple of boxes of the OMOE 2014 book to sell locally in Boston. The books finally arrived last week after a month long journey from Germany.

Like you, I believe the OMOE idea, how we came together to take the photographs this past Summer Solstice, and the way the book came together and the support we got from the sponsorships to help the Orphanage in Cape Town is a very powerful and appealing story to many. I also believe that this story, our story, will encourage further support for the Orphanage.

I had thought initially to go to certain book stores in town and drop a few books to see if they would take them to sell, but I don't have much time to do so these days. So instead, I decided to test the appeal of the book by just walking around with a couple of books at a time and sell them by just showing it around to people I work with and telling our story. I do work in a large hospital, but the response I have gotten has been overwhelmingly great! In less than a week, I have already sold 40 books at the updated Kujaja price of 25 Euros or 30 US dollars! The book has been extremely appealing to people and when they see that 100% of the sale will go to the orphanage because of the sponsorships, people are in. Some people have bought 3 books at once to gift to friends and family and others have bought extra books and will talk to their local books shops about selling them. Then they show the book to friends and colleagues and then I have sold some more books through them! And I have only spoken to a fraction of the people I know.

I think that buying our own book is super cool and it helps the orphanage, but we will help the kids the most if we sell all the 320 copies that Gido has had printed thanks to the sponsorships. I would like to encourage you and challenge you to do what I did: bring your copy of the OMOE 2014 book to work, school, a party, or other social venue and chat about the idea of the OMOE Book project, our story, and that of the orphanage we are helping this year. Then give them the web address where they can buy the book! It has been extremely rewarding to tell people about the OMOE 2014 project, about each one of you, your photos and your stories, and about the kids we are helping in South Africa.

Thanks again to all!

Francisco
Charlotte van Stuijvenberg
2015-01-23 15:34:24
This is wonderful, Francisco! Thank you !!!
Shahmeer Malik
2015-01-30 17:48:26
It's good to know thousands of people will get to see our works and I feel so proud
Nathalie Bliss
2015-01-16 19:01:51
Well... it's finally arrived!!! Pfffff! Thought it never would :))) Wonderful book, thanks Kujaja!!!
Gido
2015-01-16 19:47:12
I am sorry to hear it took so long!!!!
This unfortunately sometimes happens with the post, sometimes you neighbour gets it in a few days and somebody else gets it in weeks. sorry.

Happy you like it!
Sonia Braga
2015-01-22 04:15:04
Hi Kujaja,
I didn't receive the mine copy yet. :( . My order was made at november 3th.
I'm looking forward for see the book
Gido
2015-01-22 09:52:58
Hi Sonia,
neither has Lauren, Araai and some others. The normal post is sometimes really slow and we know from the experience from the world street photo book that all books did arrive. Before we start sending a second copy we should wait at the max. Most of the books were send at the 11th of december means some books are now 5 weeks on their way in the world. One World Street book took 8 weeks to get to Austria (which really isnt far from Germany) but it did arrive.
Of course the books can get to you way quicker but then the postal price gets really expensive, please be patient a few more weeks (I know this doesnt sound nice)

dear regards
Gido
Araai Ruka
2015-01-14 19:34:39
here I am eagerly waiting for my copy yet and you know this waiting feels so good to have a book with all great photos..:)
Araai Ruka
2015-01-14 19:55:10
yeah sure I will..i will share news with my great happiness..thanks in advance Jo :)
Gido
2015-01-14 15:56:31
It's great to see you all like the book!

If you have the book you also have seen how the orphans bedroom looked a like before, check out how it looks now at Lauren's page: http://www.kujaja.com/en/Lauren
With the money left from the big donation she could buy new beds and some furniture.

The first money transaction from 1620 euro (54 books sold) will flow today to Lauren, with this money she wants to upgrade the training house near by; she will be able to offer tech training and homework support to these kids too now. I am sure she can tell you all more about this part of the project.
btw 1620 euro = 21.977 Süd African rand, with 1 euro in south Africa one can do way more as if one would spend it in Europe.

The first box of books also arrived in Boston this week and Francisco is selling the book off the hand in Boston, so there will be lost more money for Lauren in the coming weeks.

Lots of people congrat me,Jo and Lauren and I thank you of course for this :-)) thank you thank you! but I must say the real man behind this all is of course Francisco Marty, without his engagment we won't have gotten so much money for the orphanage and wouldnt be able to print so many copies of the book. Thank you Francisco!

There are still a lot of books lying here, if you want to support Lauren even more, buy a few more copies :-)
don't forget to invite your friends to this website and join us,, upload photos or buy books, the more we are the more we can do :-)

have a great week you all! And thank you all for your so great support

Gido

Ewa Frye
2015-01-06 19:02:21
I finally ordered mine today . Busy and not around a lot lately . Wish i had a more time for things i love and checking all your fantastic pics .
Wish you all Happy New Year , All the best !!!
Fantastic work as usual Kujaja Team !!!
PRASANNA KUMAR
2015-01-06 16:46:53
Received my copy of the OMOE-2014 today..... Such a treat each of these images.... Stunning collections of photographs from the World over, begining with the brilliant and striking cover, very poetic Introduction..... Kudos to everyone involved in Team Kujaja for this magnificent effort... May there be many more to to come, and may each add a droplet of our effort to make a change around us and possibly add some value for those in need ...
Cheers!!... Gusti Yogiswara for the stunning cover, Laurent Rautenbach for lovely introduction, Jo Williams and Gido Carper for all your effort and Dedication!... You guys Rock!!...
Jacqui Boonstra
2015-01-06 06:30:12
Received my book, today :D What a treat! Gorgeous layout, gorgeous work, great accompanying 'blurbs'!! Thanks to all who contributed and a VERY SPECIAL thank you to all who worked so hard in making the book come together. Can't wait to be part of the 2016 project....
Ivan Cesar Gevaerd
2015-01-06 03:41:47
Just received mine today... very happy and proud to be part of the project! Congrats to everyone, but especially those who were involved intensively! My best regards!
Bun Lee
2015-01-05 23:27:44
I got mine last week!! Woohoo!!! :D
Eamon Gallagher
2015-01-05 20:35:06
Wow can't believe I waited so long in ordering mine which arrived today.
Totally blown away by the centre spread ...wasn't expecting to see my image so large .
I was so stoked this is what i posted on my FB page.

Every now & then I promote the good work that this fantastic site & photographers do http://www.kujaja.com/en/ & today my copy of the One Minute Earth project arrived.
I was a bit late in ordering it, & had no idea that my image was a centre spread across two pages ! so totally blown away by this.
The One Minute Earth project was & is just apart of many projects that go towards helping people less fortunate than us that can afford a camera & travel ...So by giving something a little back towards charity projects to assist others is a little that can go along way.
The quality of all images are outstanding as is the entire book .

I feel somewhat ashamed for having not been on here more of late & need to change that.
Fantastic job from team Kujaja !
Gido
2015-01-05 21:07:44
really nice to read :-)

I am happy you liked your photo in the book, we had to adjust the colors at some photos to get a better total print result and I know that you see all details and colors (we wrote a few times about the photo quality at the upload) happy you like it and of course about all other people who like the book :-)

there are still a lot of copies laying here, if you didn't get a copy yet order one now
James Gramm
2014-12-27 21:45:48
Got mine Friday afternoon! great looking book, thanks for all the hard work from everyone!!! Have a great New Year all!!!
Lew Harford
2014-12-24 16:16:55
I got mine late yesterday. Thanks for all the hard work be everyone to make this happen. It is wonderful to be part of something like this. Merry Christmas.
Jim Vouden
2014-12-24 12:04:49
Good to hear that you're received your copy.
Merry Christmas
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-24 11:09:14
I just got my book guys it is so beautiful its making me teary :') thank you so much you guys rock no words
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-24 13:51:18
For sure :D
Jim Vouden
2014-12-22 13:23:01
I received my copy today and would like to thank everyone who has been involved in the project.
My Wife and I read the book together and were especially moved by the opening words by Lauren and the photos at the back of the book of the Vuka Ntomboyi Culture Home’s shelter for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Langa, Cape Town.
The book cover is excellent and the quality of the photos fantastic, each turning of the page took us on a wonderful trip around the World.
This book will take pride of place in my library.
Merry Christmas to all
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-22 13:34:14
Awesome :'(
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-22 23:25:35
Hah thanks bro
2014-12-18 23:44:14
My book arrived yesterday! I love it! The quality of the photos is amazing and the presentation is beautiful. I also liked to read all the texts describing the adventure of taking a photo at just this one minute. Congratulations and many thanks to all who participated in this wonderful project!
2014-12-18 14:06:40
Mine has just arrived! The photos look wonderful. Thanks to all the photographers and the team for a great job!
Rafa Lorenzo
2014-12-18 01:10:18
Just received my copy!!!! and is really great, a huge honor to be a part of the project and to see my photo in the book...
Thanks again!
Jeffery Moore
2014-12-18 01:06:07
(Im)patiently waiting for mine to arrive in Chicago!
Jeffery Moore
2014-12-24 18:46:54
It arrived! It's here! I got it! Thanks Kujaja!
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-16 20:48:18
Awww these comments make me want to have my boom right now :( I live in UAE and still waiting excitedly for it
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-18 08:34:37
Sorry to be asking, but will it be given to my P.O. Box or delivered to my home address I've given
Gido
2014-12-18 10:13:05
To the adress Paypal gave, it was a very long complicated adress. I hope it arrives soon !
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-18 10:24:07
Hahha im sorry for that and thank you :)
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-20 23:06:36
Sadly no, now I'm worried I thought it would be delivered to my P.O. Box but I've also given my correct home address and services like Aramex, DHL, etc. are pretty accurate at delivering if you're using that kind of a delivery service, so I'm waiting on your guarantee guys, thanks you for asking though this book means a lot to me hope I get it soon
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-20 23:13:31
Sadly no, now I'm worried I thought it would be delivered to my P.O. Box but I've also given my correct home address and services like Aramex, DHL, etc. are pretty accurate at delivering if you're using that kind of a delivery service, so I'm waiting on your guarantee guys, thanks you for asking though this book means a lot to me hope I get it soon
Gido
2014-12-21 00:55:04
it can take up to 4 weeks to recieve the book we had this too with the street book, india even five weeks and soith africa six weeks. If you want to have the book super quick we can fly it in on a 24 hour service but I guess that will cost you a few hundert euros... which is a wast of money all books we ever send did arrive, none was lost, you waited months to get the book a few more days or even weeks wont matter. patience my friend
it is send by the normal german post and they have different trustable partners in any country.
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-21 01:06:28
Nah I'm willing to wait for it, thanks bros
Bailey Cooper
2014-12-05 07:11:45
Now the proud owner of my very first Kujaja book. Woot...
Shahmeer Malik
2014-12-06 19:07:58
Should we receive our books by now? :o
Pedro Melendez-Valdes
2014-11-24 00:23:07
And amazing work of the Team Kujaja
Pedro Melendez-Valdes
2014-11-24 00:21:49
That is great Jo. .amazing new
2014-11-09 00:06:44
Book ordered - looking forward to it and thank everybody for the participation and support! I am happy to be part of this great project.
Lorenzo Rosignoli
2014-11-08 11:17:26
BOOK now ordered !!!
i'm waiting for handling ....
congrats to you all, from all my heart!
in particular Gido and Jo, souls of that great adventure

ciao
Ivan Cesar Gevaerd
2014-11-08 01:50:08
Book ordered... congrats to everyone who made part of the project!
Lew Harford
2014-11-05 17:23:41
Gido: Thank you and Kujaja for all your hard work on this project.
Lew Harford
2014-11-05 17:15:05
Ordered and excited about it......:-)))
Nathalie Bliss
2014-11-05 09:26:14
Ordered :))
Bun Lee
2014-11-05 09:02:36
woohoo!! just ordered mine with "The Forest" together!!! YEAH!!! :D
Shahmeer Malik
2014-11-04 20:17:01
Okay I'm trying to buy the book it redirects me to PayPal which appears only in German which I cannot understand please help :(
Gido
2014-11-04 20:26:11
I didnt hear from anybody else that this happens, that you get redirected to paypal is correct but doesnt paypal show you a possibility to change language?

Does anybody else had this problem too?
Kevin Haggith
2014-11-04 20:48:28
Hello --it does allow you to translate --upper right corner of screen.
Shahmeer Malik
2014-11-05 09:13:57
Yes guys thanks for the help I got it, sorry I was too excited :D Just ordered mine! Any idea how it will be delivered? :D
Gido
2014-11-05 09:58:55
Great Shahmeer!

it will take a while before you will have the book in your hands don't be unpatient.
The book will be delivered my mail the normal mail. This is the cheapest possibility to send the book and can be very fast but sometimes also very slow.
Gido
2014-11-04 00:35:28
Okay you can start to (pre) order your book... it will take 4 weeks for the book to arrive from the printing company so it will take 4-6 weeks to get to you...
The first who ordered gets first send the book, the price of the book will go down at the moment that we can't garantee anymore that you will get it for christams. The price of the book includes postal costs worldwide and the packaging.

you can order at:
http://photobooks.gallery
or
https://www.kujaja.com/en/photobookshop/buy/one-minute-on-earth-2014

If there are any problems with ordering pls tell me.

There is an extra special bargain, if you also order the World Street Photography book or the Forest book you will get 20 euros off (10 euros off for each book)
There are only 20 Forest book left and around 30 World Street Photography books.

Thank you all for joining this great project!!!

eventhough you all waited so long we did a lot of working on these books the last months... I hope you like them all...

One minute on earth is a 120 page (135grams Matte paper), glossy hardcover A4 Book with 85 photos from you, a great poetic intro from Lauren, and a digital designed cover made by Gusti (with 3d earth data from the NASA), a Reportage from the Orphanage and a lot of text to read about your photos.

Go and order this journey over the earth within one minute! Bet it will take you more then a minute to go through this ;-)

Thank you Brian Sanders for correcting all texts and of course the OMOE team for going to the limits!!!

Gido

Gido
2014-11-04 00:39:41
Oh I forgot

if you are in the book and can't afford the book because for example in Egypt one doesn't earn 40 euros per month... write me an email we have a special founding for the people who can't afford the book but are in the book. People in Europe Australia or USA are of course exluded of this founding.
Francisco Marty
2014-11-04 00:46:10
Thanks Gido for bearing with us for a whole week of suggestions and corrections without getting too upset!
I can attest the book design and the flow of the photos is fantastic and we have surpassed in many ways what we did for OMOE 2013!
Thanks to all who participated on this year's OMOE project! Everyone is being acknowledged in one of the last pages of the book, even if a particular photo did not make the printed version of the book.
We hope many people buy the book, way beyond those who participated in the project. The sponsorship from the Siegels has helped fund some of the improvements to the Orphanage already, as documented in the book itself, but has also funded the printing of a larger number of books, which means that most, if not all the money, from the sales will also go to the Orphanage!
We think this and other books printed this year through Kujaja.com will be great Holiday/End of the year gifts for many in most parts of the world.
Thanks so so much!
Francisco
Gido
2014-11-04 02:08:04
Thank you for your so great help Francisco!

the links were incorrect but they work now... sorry
Sonia Braga
2014-11-04 02:08:22
Hi Gido,
I've just done my order.
Thanks so much.
Sonia Braga
Araai Ruka
2014-11-04 17:10:55
Fantastic effort and fantastic decision for those who can not afford the book, even though they are in the book. Best regards for you guys.
Gido
2014-11-03 10:59:41
Hi you all,

We just send over the print to the printing company. yes sorry it took of course way longer as we thought..
We had to reorganise the book and this time it was checked so througoly on spelling errors and logic errors.

We had to take out over 6 photos in the book, unfortunately, I am sorry to the people who we had to take out. As soon as I have time I will write those people personally and take the photos out of the result list. This was neccesary to get us to 120 pages and also because by reordering the text.
This might be said but don't take it personally or think your photo wasnt good enough, for they were good enough.
My photo was even good enough to get into the first results of the book, but what also counts is taking part of the process and without all people who are not in the book we wouldnt have had the photos which are in the book.

We will try to set up the order site tonight so you can start to order the book. It will take 4 weeks before the 320 copies we order will arrive to us. The first who orders will offcourse get a lower number and gets send over as soon as the copies arrives.

It is a great book and we hope you will all like it :-)

dear regards

Gido

Shahmeer Malik
2014-11-03 11:28:02
Oh :/ well it's finally been done been waiting for a long time even if our pics aren't there :')
David Trotter
2014-11-03 19:27:05
I work in print, there are always delays getting to print ready stage, a hard job to do so well done for all hard work
Satyam Roy Chowdhury
2014-11-03 20:06:08
Wow. Great.
Shahmeer Malik
2014-10-06 22:10:08
any further progress on this project guys?
Gido
2014-10-06 23:03:54
Hi Shahmeer,
there is one version of the book done now all texts are schecked and all photos we got into highres, but we made a logical mistake in the book which we are correcting now. It is good we did found this logical error , if this didnt have happen the book would have been send to the printing company, now we will delay with at least a week. As soon as the book gets send to the printing company you can order the book. After we send it to the printing company it will take up to two weeks to get the test copy and another 2 weeks to get the book. As soon as the books arrives here we need to check all books if they are printed correctly (there will be 320 copies) but that goes quickly. The first how order get a lower number (like the street book all books will be again manually numbered)
I hope you have a little bit more patience (a book isnt made as quick as an ipad magazine)

dear regards
Gido
Gido
2014-09-16 15:15:30
It is not really a mentioning worhy but I just got the first design of the OMOE book on my screen, we need to do some stuf there but it is still excited to already see how it might be looking...
We are speeding up the process now so we can get the book right in time.

dear regards

Gido
Silvia Sandrock
2014-09-13 08:25:25
Perfect cover.
David Trotter
2014-09-13 11:00:49
Great image for the cover I imaging it will look very classy
Gido
2014-09-12 01:09:43
Gusti our 3d artist has been working for us for the cover. We cant of course do the same cover as last year, unfortunately! So we came up with the idea to show the earth on the position one minute on earth was shot:
http://www.kujaja.com/en/photo/38016
this can be the cover of omoe right is the front cover and on the back the book. The Title text is of course missing.
Also cause Gusti is such a smarty he used a NASA free software which enables us to make even a movie of this shot, flying over the earh from outer space... ending up with "one minute on earth" as text.
Perhaps this has not a lot to do with all fancy photos you all shot, but to take one specific shot would also never be representative for what we have done. On the other hand it of course does have to do with the photos you should for we shot the earth in this position.
The photo is not the end result it will change a bit here and there, I hope you like the idea... and be honoust with your opinion.

dear regards

KJ (Gido)

Shahmeer Malik
2014-09-12 07:42:00
Absolutely BRILLIANT!
2014-09-12 12:32:02
That looks perfect
Winfried Werner
2014-09-12 18:53:19
Looks wonderful! Have already started a list in my head, who should get a copy of the book from me:)
Lew Harford
2014-09-12 22:55:03
What a great idea and wonderful work putting the cover image together.
Pat Thrane
2014-09-13 19:09:58
Great cover photo, it really puts a one minute on one earth into perspective
Stacy White
2014-09-13 19:11:22
love it! Beautiful image and great idea!
Francisco Marty
2014-09-06 23:23:07
Dear OMOE 2014 team,

I just want to underscore that everyone's effort, whether photos were take on the selected One Minute or not, whether preselected or not, has already paid off and is already part of a unique chapter in the history of kujaja.com. This collective amazing and extremely fun synchronized project has led already to an spontaneous sponsorship from which the orphans in South Africa we sought to help are already benefiting from---even before the book has been edited and published! These children will further be benefited by the printing and sales of the book. We also learned about the crazy differences between GMT and UTC and what we can do when we join forces with each other.

So congratulations again to all for a wonderful 2014 OMOE project!

Francisco
Vinni Vigdal
2014-09-06 03:02:53
With all the talk about shooting at wrong times and such. I am terribly sorry if I have misunderstood and done something wrong acording to the rules.
I've always believed that 9:00 pm UTC/GMT +0 equals +1 for Norway. That means that 9:00 pm UTC/GMT +0 = 22:00 pm in Norway.
Best regards Vin, and off course delete my shot if it's not according to rules.
Winfried Werner
2014-09-06 23:53:11
Hello Vinni, your photo is in the preselection, so relax and wait for the things going on:) And your photo is wonderful. It is 1 hour off, but someone has to decide 1 hour off compared to a great Norway shot. And it is in the Preselection already:)
Araai Ruka
2014-09-05 20:39:09
I am feeling so GLAD that you have (pre) selected my photo, if I am wrong.

Bunch of thanks to kujaja :)
Gido
2014-09-05 15:54:39
Hi All,

I was about to send over all data to Eva but see that not all have a text along with their photo. Could you all please go over all (pre) selected photos and check if somebody has a text on its photo or not?? please
If there is no text please write the person in her or his profile so they do get an email.
Without text some photos might fall out of the selection...

You can find the (PRE) selection here:
http://www.kujaja.com/en/photobooks/results/one-minute-on-earth-2014

if we can get all texts this weekend I can send the data over to the Designer!

Dear regards and have a great weekend

KJ (Gido)

oh and check the World Street photography discussion too.... see what we achieved!

Adelbert Ellingsgaard
2014-09-06 22:59:19
Sorry to learn your picture was rejected. I do not do much on here, so this is maybe a silly question, but how does one know whether ones picture is rejected or accepted?
Winfried Werner
2014-09-07 00:00:30
Hello Katrin, just had a look at your shot and your words and noticed, that you took a hotel room for the OMOE! Wow! It is a wonderful night shot, but there are many shots from Germany. So someone has to decide which are the shots from Germany. Taking night shots is different and like so often you need luck too. I had more luck. But you are part of the project and my repect is as high as on all the others:)
2014-09-07 03:21:38
Katrin, you have contibuted so many wonderful photos to the kujaja page ... I love to see your amaiong shots. - And I think your OMOE image was not "rejected", but it was not selected for the reasons Winfried said :-)
Mike Hope
2014-08-28 19:37:48
This is great news!! It is always good to hear that those deserving recognition for their efforts are getting the well deserved exposure from the media. Every little helps for such a worthy cause. Congratulations!!
Gido
2014-08-28 15:38:45
Hi All,

Lauren just send me a message that Sihle Tshabalala got to be"The Western Cape Lead SA Hero for August" which is a really honourable title!
Sihle is the man on all of Lauren's photos and who is helping the Orphange we are supporting with "one minute on earth", you can read his interesting story here: http://leadsa.co.za/?p=21689

and as I write here Lauren told me he is being interview for the south african television at this very moment and he is also talking about kujaja ;-)
Of couse I do not know Sihle but reading about him I can say I look up to him, he must be a great person with such a great character.
Congratulations to Sihle!!
If we can find the interview somewhere we will of course try to show it to you all.

BTW we are now very close to a selection of the photos from one minute on earth. We have chosen around 85 photos from which we will reduce to about 75. I think at the end of the week you can all see the final results and we can then start to put all photos into the book :-)

have a great day to you all

KJ (Gido)

Shahmeer Malik
2014-08-29 00:33:27
Oh the nervousness :'(
David Trotter
2014-09-01 23:17:25
A wonderful story of someone who has reformed and helped other peoples lives along the way
Keith Britton
2014-08-15 10:53:26
there are still many photos with wrong time zones, I htink, here is an example. http://www.kujaja.com/en/photo/28747, clearly taken before sunset in the UK, when sunset was before the prescribed hour (I am sure this is because it is summer time in UK, so we are 1 hour away from gmt
Gido
2014-08-15 11:40:16
Hi Keith,

yes we are aware of that, unfortunately there are a few more who should one hour early or later. For some of the shots taken too early are really good we are not sure yet if we make a small extra selection within the book with the photos taken too early or too late.. but that is still in discussion.

I hope you all read Lauren story? check out what we allready achieved and we will achieve even more: http://www.kujaja.com/en/Lauren/blog/ubuntu-a-new-home-for-the-orphans

have a great weekend!

KJ (Gido)
Shahmeer Malik
2014-07-22 00:16:41
Is there any update on the selections for the pictures and when this book might get published? :D
Shahmeer Malik
2014-08-15 10:22:02
Yes I got it! sadly my picture was not included in it but I'm happy the project is moving forward with such awesomeness
Iain Malcolm
2014-07-05 20:53:02
Hi, Just slightly puzzled as I decided to go through all the photos submitted to omoe, at the end I noticed that my submission hadn't appeared. I checked with my profile and the photo is there, saying submitted to omoe, and if I click next a few times I see several other photos that also have been submitted to omoe, but don't appear if I go to the omoe photos and step through them all. Why is this?

Some really nice photos, but I don't want to vote until I know I am seeing them all

tia Iain
Iain Malcolm
2014-07-07 22:44:36
indeed, don't understand how i missed it!, I was stepping through at single photo level, sorry about that

Iain
Francisco Marty
2014-07-05 04:35:32
Hello all!
Just a reminder to upload your One Minute on Earth photos (or new versions) this weekend and to drop by to vote and comment on everyone's work! We have over 200 submissions, which is great!
Thanks again!
Francisco
David Rothwell
2014-07-05 15:53:07
I just finished my final dissertation so yes, I am now free to vote and comment with the same enthusiasm as my 10,000 word blurb on photojournalism. All entries will be commented on.
Mike Hope
2014-07-02 21:16:19
Hi Elizabeth,

I would say the best thing is an aluminium travel case with the foam inside that is specially made for carrying cameras and lenses. Should help if you are checking it in. Or keep it with you as a carry on so you can keep a loving eye on it while traveling. Hope this helps and it sounds like you will have a great photo opportunity. Don't forget to post them when you get back!!
Elizabeth Danner
2014-07-02 18:46:58
Hi everyone...... This isn't directly related to OMOE, I'm just desperate for a photo community and thought I might get some help here. Please pardon the interruption (I'm loving the OMOE photos, btw! Will definitely up my game next year!).
I'm on a 2 week trip and my beloved 50mm broke en route (I know, I know..... "Never check your gear!"). I'm flying to Lisbon next week, via the Azores, and am wondering if anyone has any advice about *safely* storing gear when one is galavanting about the globe. I have my 28mm and my 85mm, will try to pick up another 50 while I'm in Boston later this week. Would like to preserve all of them and thought this illustrious group might have some advice.
Thanks.........Back to editing, posting, and voting for OMOE. :)
Francisco Marty
2014-06-28 00:09:25
Thanks so much to all who have already posted their photos for their contributions! We are quite honored and amazed at everyone's efforts and the high quality of the photos submitted.

As we get into the weekend, I wanted to encourage those who have not submitted their photos for the project to get them ready. We all have until July 5 to post them. Some of you got good feedback on their initial postings and have been able to upload improved images into the site, which is great. Please feel free to upload new versions of your photo if you think they are of better quality. Don't worry about the votes!

To all, please take the time to enjoy the photos everyone else have submitted and the stories behind them. It is truly inspiring to see how people's plans unfolded and the amazing results of some photos. Make sure you vote and comment as you see fit.

Lastly, I think it would be awesome for everyone to share the link to the photos of the project with many people through email or social media outlets. It is really a celebration of our Earth and different ways and light to see it.

Thank you all!

Francisco for the OMOE 2014 team
David Rothwell
2014-06-25 01:39:56
Red dots indeed...
Kevin Ratner
2014-06-24 17:49:12
Heard about this from a friend, can I still submit?
Per Christiansen
2014-06-24 19:05:29
Yes. Read Francisco Martys comment below. "we would like to have all submissions by July 5, 2014."
Francisco Marty
2014-06-24 19:37:45
Indeed, Kevin and all,
as long as you or a friend took a picture on or around the One Minute, you can register and submit it to the project, even if you did not register before 21 June 2014.
Thank so much for all the submissions and do come back to the site to see the newly posted ones, which I guess will be coming in until July 5!
Please also invite your friends to visit and enjoy the initial results of this awesome One Minute on Earth 2014 project!
Thanks again,
Francisco and the OMOE 2014 team!

David Rothwell
2014-06-25 01:42:03
Have we decided which publisher were going with, is it going to be Blurb?
Gido
2014-07-02 12:14:39
Hi David,

just see your question is unanswered ...
We have found a printing company in Germany which just did the test print of the world street photobook. Today I will have the test print in my hands and if the quality is good enough we will not use blurb anymore. This means that we need to send the books ourselves but that is worth it for the price is way better then blurb's price.
I tried finding an even more cheaper printing company in other countries but it didnt really work out. The German printing company is not the most cheapest from all the printing companies I checked out, but therefor I am sure we will get what we order.
The ordering of the books also takes a bit more time as with blurb but it is worth it to get our books half the price we would pay at blurb.
You will all be able to order over the kujaja.com website as soon as the books are done.
Getting a cheaper price also means we can finally can send a copy to some newspapers which we just couldnt afford with blurb...

(btw for all people from the forest book, if the print of the streetbook is good a test copy of the forest book will also go out. Unfortunately it took quit long to get a test copy)

KJ (Gido)

Pedro Melendez-Valdes
2014-06-24 17:29:59
The next event
Pedro Melendez-Valdes
2014-06-24 17:29:42
When is gonna be the event??? I won't miss this time
David Rothwell
2014-06-25 01:40:55
Yeah my photograph way too early unfortunately still living in blighty and adapting to BST is not my forte lol!
Francisco Marty
2014-06-24 14:12:45
Dear Siliva and all,

as we mentioned, we would like to have all submissions by July 5, 2014. If anyone needs more time for any reason, please email the team at omoe@kujaja.com

We are all very excited to see all these photos already, but we want to see everyone's effort and results on the page. We also want people to have time to download their photos, edit them appropriately and submit their best work. So, please do not feel discouraged if you have not uploaded your photos yet. We want to see all of them! There will be several weeks after July 5th for everyone to come back, review, comment and vote for everyone's work.

As Jo mentioned, the project is about the orphans we are helping, not about the votes particular photos get or what page the photo ends up in the book or on the website. We admire Silvia's commitment to get out and get the photo for the project even limping and in pain from a such a recent fracture!!

Francisco
Tiger Seo
2014-06-24 18:23:10
Hi Francisco,
I appreciate for your invitation to participate in this awesome project. And also thank you so much for you and OMOE team's strong support.
Silvia Sandrock
2014-06-24 23:01:46
Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it. I've managed to make my way over to my computer today, so I'm thinking I just might be able to upload my images today. Also I'm looking forward to viwing eveyones photos.
Silvia Sandrock
2014-06-24 13:25:52
I left a comment yesterday and no one got back to me. Did you not get it??
Silvia Sandrock
2014-06-24 23:03:21
Thank you harm.
Silvia Sandrock
2014-06-24 13:25:52
I left a comment yesterday and no one got back to me. Did you not get it??
Gido
2014-06-24 11:13:30
Okay Shahmeer and Jacqui I moved you a little bit so if you now zoom in closely you can see two different points in the same city. For we don't want to use the street within a city all geo coordinates of a city are the same and google maps can't show 2 identicaly points... but now you are visible.
To be visible you needed to have entered your city and country in your account settings. People also are not on the map because some one is at the same point please send me a message then I fix that.
Bonnie Davidson
2014-06-24 16:58:08
Where is the map seen?
Bonnie Davidson
2014-06-24 17:00:36
Never mind.....just found it under member!
Shahmeer Malik
2014-06-24 18:27:29
Thanks bruh!
Shahmeer Malik
2014-06-24 10:54:42
I can't see a dot aswell, I see one guy from UAE whereas I've marked my picture's location in UAE, and in my account settings I don't find any such settings which show the option to marky my location, can only on e person be shown from one country?
Jacqui Boonstra
2014-06-24 09:04:23
I assumed that if there is more than one person in a community/city, then only one person from each community shows up with a red dot on the map (because my red dot does not exist on the map). Am I making the right assumption?
Gido
2014-06-24 08:39:13
Wow ! There are still photos coming in and the results are really good!

For the ones how don't know yet, check the member page now
http://www.kujaja.com/en/photobooks/members/one-minute-on-earth-2014

click on one of the red dots now, the profil icon photo now is gone and instead one of the photos shot from the person is visible so you can see where and what all photos were made. There are of course people who live in one country and shot somewhere else like Sonia is located in Brasil but she shot in New York

Check the 2 photos from the Time squar made by Sonia Braga and Iryna Fedorovskaya, somewhere on Sonia's photo we should be able to see Iryana. Thats funny I think :-))

The website is getting a bit slower at the moment as usual I hope you don't mind...

Thank you all for joining this is really great! :-)

KJ (Gido)
Araai Ruka
2014-06-24 09:00:02
wooow, that's so great. and i wonder am I the only one from Bangladesh? :O :-)
Francisco Alcantud
2014-06-24 23:11:14
I feel alone, here, in the middle of South America, thousand of kilometers away of another red dot... look at Europe, full of them ;)
What a great project, KJ!! (and all the equipe) Really happy to be a part of it
Hatem Fathy
2014-06-24 03:38:46
Thanks all for all your efforts , and this nice project . :)
Robin Polman
2014-06-24 00:20:03
The curators will have a hard time selecting the pictures for this year's book, the quality of the images is awesome!
Araai Ruka
2014-06-23 08:33:00
Hello there, I have uploaded my One Minute photo, but it's not showing here. Can some one tell me what might be the reason ?
Keith Britton
2014-06-23 09:19:52
I can see it :)
Araai Ruka
2014-06-23 14:08:26
I can not...is this like, owner can not see his/her own photo ?
Gido
2014-06-23 14:19:33
Hi Araai

can you be more specific? I can also see your photo here: http://www.kujaja.com/en/photo/28935
Where do you expect your photo to be? where are you look for it?

regards
KJ
Araai Ruka
2014-06-23 14:41:38
Hi Gido,

It is about the PHOTOS tab of OMOE.
We can see every ones photo in this section by clicking this PHOTOS tab. It opens a in window and it shows 20 images on per page and there are now 8 pages.
I checked the each pages, didn't see my one there. I can see my photo at my library, but not here on PHOTOS section.

Hope I make it clear.

Cheers,
Ruka
Araai Ruka
2014-06-23 17:01:25
yeah, I got it...thanks Manita :)
Silvia Sandrock
2014-06-23 00:37:44
Hi there everyone
I certainly hope everyone had a great time shooting yesterday. I hope to post my images in about a week or so. It will take at least that long until I will be able to be up and able to sit at my desktop computer to check out my images and upload them to the site. Today was the first day of summer here. But unfortunately other than the photo shoot I'm starting out the season poorly. You see on Friday while walking my dog Jude I broke my ankle. So I was unable to go to the site I had originally picked to shoot at because of my limited mobility. But hopefully the shoots I did mange to make will be ok. My laptop that I'm on now is quite a bit out of date and can't handle what I need (want to do with my images. I think if I remember correctly; I believe I have up to a couple of weeks get them uploaded? Is that right? Or dose that only apply to certain situations?
Bun Lee
2014-06-23 00:29:53
there are some great outcome!!! :D
I was on the road and wasn't sure where I'll be on 21st. Managed to be at Crater Lake at the "minute"!! Just got back from the trip and will upload the shot as soon as I pick the right one from the few I got!!
Congrats to all on the great outcome!
Francisco Marty
2014-06-22 23:03:22
Not even 24 hours after the One Minute and we already have over 120 photos posted, some of them are quite awesome!
Please return to the project photos page (http://www.kujaja.com/en/photobooks/photos/one-minute-on-earth-2014) regularly in the next several days to see how the project takes shape and to tell people which photos you like best! Please feel free to let others know about the project and the photos being posted, maybe liking the page in Facebook or by other means!
Thanks again to all, especially those who have already posted their One Minute work!
Mike Hope
2014-06-23 02:59:42
Thanks to all for letting us be part of such a great project. I had so much fun just waiting for the off!! The quality of photos is stunning and the creativity inspiring! Well done to everyone! :-)
Gido
2014-06-22 18:04:24
thank you all for joining one minute on earth 2014!!
you did great !
It is awesome seeing all photos getting uploaded already!

I have to correct Francisco's message. Please DO upload your photo even though it is perhaps not the right time, we can discuss together later which photo is in the right time zone and which is not.

Especially if you shot a photo for the project we want to see what you did, we did this together and I am interested in what you have shot for us all even if it is not on the perfect moment or what ever.

It was a great one minute on earth and I am enjoying all great photos being uploaded!

thaaank you all!

KJ (Gido)
Francisco Marty
2014-06-22 18:20:20
Thanks for the clarification, Gido!

Look forward to see everyone's effort on the pages of the project! I have to go work on downloading and posting my own shots, hopefully later today!
Francisco Marty
2014-06-22 15:20:12
Good morning/evening, everyone!!!

1. On behalf of the organizing team and myself, a heartfelt THANK YOU to all for taking part in One Minute on Earth 2014! We are overwhelmed with joy and honored to have had you joined, with a commitment and response that has already surpassed last year's effort.

2. You and us are experiencing the awe of having participated and we are starting to discover how the world looked in the One Minute through each one of the participant's experience and through their cameras as images have begun to be posted.

3. We are all human and we have seen this again on the postings we have read so far. Despite the reminders, some people forgot to update the clocks on their cameras before going out to take their photos. If this happened to you, as the philosophy and the experience is that of all the participants having shot on the same One Minute, we would like you to submit and post your photographs and mention in the narrative why the discrepancy. The narrative should say more than that, though! We will take your word! This is about the experience. At least for this year, we are not going for a Guinness World record, although we probably can claim it with all the photos taken within the minute.

4. Looks like a couple of people just posted photos they had on their archives, not a photo around the One Minute. We will kindly request those photos be removed from the postings.

5. Last year (as well this year) we had discussions among the organizers on whether to enforce an strict one minute for the photographs or to allow a wider window of photographs that would be eligible for the project. If you think about it, even though time synchronization is much better in the internet era, it is by no means perfect. Even after having had our camera clocks adjusted before or on the say of the shooting, you would probably find a few seconds to minute errors in photos that were taken on the same second in different areas if we were to scrutinize obsessively. In addition, if you lost sleep and got up before 3 or 5 AM for the One Minute on Earth 2014 project, or left work early, or risked being attacked by a band of drunkards, heck we want to see your best shot even if it ended up falling a couple of minutes before or after the One Minute!!!

6. Given this, I would like to suggest the following for all.
a. Post your best shot within the One Minute (21:00 to 21:01) according to your camera's clock, especially if you adjusted the time before going out to shoot.
b. If you think you got a much better shot, but that ended up being outside the One Minute according to your camera's clock (few minutes before or after), PLEASE post it too (a second image).
c. If you goofed and did not adjust the camera's clock before going to take your photos, but shot on the One Minute, please post your best shot and mention the discrepancy in your narrative.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Francisco

Araai Ruka
2014-06-22 13:34:00
Hello KJ, Francisco, first of all thanks a lot for making this event successful. I had an amazing night photo walk. The time, here it was on 22nd June, 3:00 am at midnight and it was heavy raining here at that time. Still I have done it with some great shots on the time. I had a long empty night street shot with the beautiful reflections of sodium lights on the road.

Now here I have a very needed question. Will you allow us to submit any photos before few minutes or after few minutes of the ONE MINUTE?

Cheers,
Ruka,
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Shahmeer Malik
2014-06-22 13:03:53
www.kujaja.com/en/photo/28825
I really hope I took this at the correct time as I compared the timing with a fellow Australian photographer who informed that his time would be at exact 7:00 a.m., UAE is behind Australia by 6 hours so that would make it around 1 a.m. UAE time. Can someone please confirm or tell me if my picture has a chance cause I'm worried I think it might be wrong I really want my picture to have a chance :(
Christian R.
2014-06-22 10:59:23
Hi, from France, now it's done!
Congratulations to everyone, it is very exciting to think that many people have their trigger press at the same time everywhere around the world.
I hope the book will have a lot of success.
All my congratulations to Kujaja for this wonderful idea.
Gilles Royer
2014-06-22 08:37:19
All, what a great event! So glad I was part of it. I checked my camera time yesterday, as well as the batteries, and put my clock early this morning, for a 7am shot down here in Melbourne. Nearly missed it though as I snoozed! But I just arrived on location (St Kilda, by the bay). Nice fresh and crisp morning (about 6 degrees - note to self to bring gloves next year!!), ready for the blue hour.
I think I have at least one decent shot, but will go through them again later.
So inspiring to see all photographers around the world working towards a common goal, and all this for charity. Well done to Gido and Francisco and the rest of the team. Amazing organisation! Can't wait to see whole the photos
Cheers
Gilles

Pedro Melendez-Valdes
2014-06-22 08:10:38
Apologies to don't upload any photo at seven am at Melbourne time. .I been working. .shame. .I hope the next time

Register

Email Address

Password

Register with facebook
Signup with Google+

By registering, you agree to the Terms of Service.
Already registered?
Forgot password?

Login

This site uses cookies and other tracking technologies to assist with navigation and your ability to provide feedback, analyse your use of our products and services, assist with our promotional and marketing efforts, and provide content from third parties. Cookie Policy