World Street Photography 3 (2015/2016)

Cover photo by Jonathan Higbee
Gido
2019-03-05 21:59:06
FYI the last competition of the already 6th world Street Photograpyh photo book is running at the moment, you can join until the 23th of March 2019 23:59:59 CET
https://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/photos/streetphotography-competition-2018-9

cheers!
Jochem Schmidt
2016-08-24 16:54:43
Hi Gido,
my copy of World Street Photography 3 which I had ordered has not arrived yet. I also have not received a "book was send" notification from you.
Please let me know when it will be shipped.
Thanks,
Jochem Schmidt
Gido
2016-08-24 17:21:54
Hi Jochem,

you bought a wsp4 book, check your order. WSP 4 will be out next year. If anybody else also wonders why they didnt recieve a wsp3 book pls check if you preordered a wsp4 book.
There are already several WSP4 copies sold, this is what we want to achieve that wsp4 will be among even more people as wsp3 therefor you can already preorder it.

Thanks
Gido
Jochem Schmidt
2016-08-24 17:32:54
Ok, thanks for the clarification Gido.
Dawn Mander
2016-08-18 17:22:03
wow!!! this is fabulous, congratulations to all the photographers and a huge thankyou & well done to Gido and crew for the hard work these last years ...hugs & peace to all xx
Gido
2016-08-18 15:18:23
Happy you are all happy :-)

Check out the North German National News (NDR) from the 13th August
starting at 00:07:10 (seven minutes 8 seconds) click on the link:
https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hamburg_journal/Hamburg-Journal,hamj49856.html

Jonathan Higbee, Daniel Truta, Tony Salvagio, Siegfried Hansen, Lauren Welles, Yoriyas Yassine Alaoui Ismaili, Rui Caria, Kutchino Backflip, Scott Strazzante, Daniele Zarri, Sandip Bose and Zahir Abbas Your photos were shown in national television ;-)
Sorry for the late news, we missed it our selves ;-)
(100,000 people watched this show)

Tomorrow there will be a short interview also for the NDR which will be aired next week.
Caroline Errickson
2016-08-18 15:48:12
Wow !!!what great "news ":))for all those who had their photos shown on NDR!!

Congrats to you all!!! Xoxo
Daniele Zarri
2016-08-18 16:15:59
you made my day!
;-)

Great job to all guys
Thank you for that experience
paulo abrantes
2016-08-11 23:55:02
I am trully honored by beeing published on the book. congrats should be for the team who make it possible to happen.
I received mine yesterday and it is a real pearl of street photography.
greetings,
paulo
Caroline Errickson
2016-08-11 13:48:33
Hello Gido! I know we had a conversation via email already however I'll comment here too:))

The World Street Photography 3 book is amazing and wonderful and it's so exciting to be a part of this process and final product.

Also Congrats to all those who had their photos selected for the book .... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how great they looked in the book and how incredibly talented they are!!

And last but not least i only wish I could have contributed more to the charity you chose help the children of Kolkata...the end result being to help out is the very reason I entered the contests from the very start!!

So very happy to have contributed and to have one of my photos selected!

A heartfelt thank you!!
Caroline ❤️
Stefano Lista
2016-08-11 11:33:02
Hi Gido,
my copy of World Street Photography 3 has arrived three days ago. I wanted to tell you the book is marvellous! I suspected it was a high quality book, but you definitely exceeded my expectations :) I'm tempted to make it a "reference book" for my photography school :)
And, of course, huge congratulations to all photographers for their awesome images!
Kujaja Team
2016-08-11 13:02:17
Happy you like it so much Stefano!
Sounds great that you want to make it a "reference book"
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-08-11 11:16:49
Hallo Gido,
Vielleicht erinnerst du dich: wir haben bei der Ausstellungseröffnung in Hamburg miteinander gesprochen; da waren wir gerade auf dem Weg in den Urlaub nach England. Jetzt bin ich wieder zurück, und musste leider feststellen, dass das Buch noch nicht angekommen ist. Wie ich aus dem Thread hier entnehme, haben andere es wohl schon erhalten, deshalb meine Frage: hast du vielleicht noch nicht alle losgeschickt oder sind mittlerweile alle Bücher raus?
Irgendwie scheine ich da Pech mit dem Buch zu haben. Bei der Ausstellung hatte ich ja ein Zweitexemplar gekauft und mir extra ein noch versiegeltes Buch vom Stapel gegriffen - leider war es aber die letztjährige Ausgabe..........! Jetzt muss ich das Teil wieder zu Gudberg Nerger schicken und hoffen, dass die mir das noch umtauschen :-(
Es wäre super, wenn du mir kurz antworten könntest!
LG
Oliver
Kujaja Team
2016-08-11 13:01:34
Hi Oliver,
das Exemplar von letztes Jahr lohnt sich doch auch zu haben!
Ja ich habe dein Buch verschickt, es musste schon längst da sein. Ich bin allerdings selbst im Moment nicht in Hamburg, so bald ich wieder da bin checke ich die Versandliste noch mal.

lg
Gido
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-08-11 14:47:22
Danke!
Das Buch vom letzten Jahr ist sehr gut, habe ich aber schon...!
Was meinst du, wann du wieder in HH bist?

Gruß
Oliver
Alfredo Aleandri
2016-08-11 09:55:51
I received my copy of WSP 3 book yesterday : it is really awesome.
The only think I would change is the layout: I'd prefer to print photos edge to edge without white borders.

I join the request of Leidolv to find photos and/or videos from the exhibition :-)

Cheers
Alfredo
Leidolv Magelssen
2016-07-28 23:45:19
Dear Gido
I am very excited about beeing selected with a photo in the yearbook, and also about the exhibition. Feeling very proud and happy. Thank you for choosing my photo!
I would love to go to Hamburg, but it will not be possible, I am sorry! Is there any photos from the exhibition which shows all of the photos? I guess all photographers would love to see their own work hanging on the wall.
Thank you again for the great work you're doing, and I am very happy thinking that my photo can contribute to something meaningful. It means a lot!
Kind regards Leidolv

Gido
2016-07-29 00:25:25
Dear Leidolv
Hans Severin shot some great photos from the exhibtion I just asked him if he could also upload them here.
dear regards
Gido
Leidolv Magelssen
2016-08-11 20:35:36
Thank you!
I just received the book. What a nice job you've done! Really nice book with a lot of great photos from amazing photographers. Proud to be part of this!
Gido
2016-08-11 21:03:52
great to hear!
Shana RAPPEL
2016-07-25 20:56:26
Hi Gido,
I sent you several messages about my order. You have been probably very busy these last days but I didn't receive yet the book I ordered in May 2016 and I would like to know if you can give me a link to check the tracking. Thanks Gido and take care
Gido
2016-07-25 21:33:20
Hi Shanal,

I already anwsered your question 3 days ago, see the message you posted in the talk.

3 days ago
The book was released yesterday at the opening of the exhibition, the books did arrive but not the packaging. I went to a store (staples) today to buy the packaging but the ones we need where also not there.
If we use the normal more heavy packaging the postal cost rise in many cases with 10 euros per book which I cant pay for that is way too expensive considering 10 times for each book. The company who send the packaging normally would deliver the packaging within two days but I got an email on wednesday that they wont arrive till monday. yes all shitty excuses I wished it would be different and the books already on your way. sorry!

[update] the packaged did not arrive, but we have started to send the books in other packaging which leads into higher postal cost.
Caroline Errickson
2016-07-09 15:22:18
Thank you again Gido... You're doing a great job and this has been such a wonderful journey with really amazing people!
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-07-09 11:55:34
Hi Guido,
one more question: what is the name of the gallery? Is it the Gudberg Nerger Gallery again or does it take place in another location? For I can't find any information about the exhibition on the net or at the Gudberg Nerger page......
Gido
2016-07-09 12:28:27
Hi Oliver,
yes it is the same gallery, for another exhibition just started the wsp exhibition is not yet mentioned, they dont have a coming up page. Great if you visit the gallery! Dont expect too much it is a small but great gallery. I guess it will start at 19:00 like all their exhibitions. I will ask monday when we can start to promote the exhibition.

happy weekend!
Gido
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-07-08 21:09:35
Hi Gido, since I'm in the book I'd like to come to Hamburg on the 21st to see all the pictures live. So maybe you can already tell me at what time does the gallery open or when does the exhibition start respectively?
Cheers
Oliver
Shaul Cohen
2016-07-08 15:35:56
hi Gid_I bought the book, and everything was successful,I just wanted to know if I should receive a confirmation by e-mail?
Gido
2016-07-08 21:00:35
Great Shaul!
The book will be out at the 21th of july. As soon as it arrives and paypal confirmed the payment, the books will be send.
I am working on a "book was send" notification, so we dont get mixed up with all the orders :-) and all know that their book is about to come.

have a great weekend
Gido
Vasco Trancoso
2016-07-07 18:31:04
Thanks Gido for all information and work ! Cheers!
Shaul Cohen
2016-07-07 16:48:42
hi Gido_I try to buy this book and can not, always appear in other books that can not be removed from the list
Even when I try to conceal by X I can not_What am I supposed to do_:)
Gido
2016-07-07 17:38:12
Try again Shaul, I removed your selection for you. Easiest it is to click on the button "change order" and then click on book you do not want to have so it gets white again, then the book is gone from your basket... I guess the button name is wrong if an item is selected it should say, remove item...
Caroline Errickson
2016-07-07 01:45:00
Hi Gido- can I still preorder the book? We pre ordered one already under the name Anthony Corradini... That's my husband...but I want to order another on Friday and pay to enter the street photography contests too. Thank you!
Gido
2016-07-07 12:26:39
sure!
Vasco Trancoso
2016-07-06 23:27:26
Hi Gido!
I did not received yet the books I´ve ordered. Please let me know when they will be shipped.
Thanks for information.
cheers.
Gido
2016-07-07 00:11:49
Hi Vasco,
till the 21th of july all orders are pre orders. The book will arrive at the 21th July with the exhibition opening. I saw you ordered a wsp 1 copy too that book is on its way to you (I send it way too late sorry for that). It takes 2-3 days to pack all orders and send off, all books in europe will then arrive within 3-7 days, outside of europe it will take a bit longer. Without the preorders (the book order is labeled with preorder) we are not able to do the big print. Eventhought the book is published by a publishing house we are a small production and then you need to pay for a part of the print. In our case 50%. We almost reached the break even point, after that each copy sold is a 100% donation to the Ashalayam organisation.

not everybody reads this text, we will send out an email to all who are selected. But today I was in the gallery and we wanted to discuse who will be in the gallery exhibited and not but they came up with a great idea; all photos from the book will be exhibited.
The prints will be smaller then last year, except for the cover which will be a wall paper sized 2X3 metres print at the entrance.
Last year all exhibited photos could be bought but only 2 photos were sold, the costs of the exhibition remained at the gallery which is very unuseal, for normally an artist brings his print to a gallery which we didnt. Normal is also that a gallery takes 50% of any sale they make, this is also our condition. Still it is unuseal to get sold. But by exhibiting all photos I guess the chance will be better.

An email will go out to all personally who are int the book about the exhibition and the sale of the photos where you can accept or decline this (of course). Last year one photographer didnt want to be part of a sale, cause numbered limited edition of a photo are more worthier then unlimted selling photos. This is of course everybodies own choice and everybodies choice is respected.
If your photo gets sold the 50% profit of course belongs to you. But pls dont think a lot of photos get sold, it is rare that a photo gets sold.

On the other side of the street there is small office of publishing housein which they use the windows (1x1.8meters) to promote the exhibitions and their books, photos of the book . We of course also need your permission if you want your photo there or not, but that will be also in the coming up email to you all. pls do NOT reply here.

I am already really excited about the exhibition, a few photographers of the book will come. It is not a big gallery but it is a great one. The exhibition goes over 6 weeks. Last year I was a few times there and there were always people.

Congrats to you all!

pls notice that this is all human work there will be errors and we are not int total controle about the exhibition, this is organized by the gallery. We cannot garantee that all are in the exhibtion as a fact until we see the results. I will again makes photos and some video to show you the gallery. This is a creative project.

Andrea Scirè
2016-07-07 01:13:35
Thanks Gido, Thanks!
Sandip Bose
2016-07-07 08:33:22
Great news, thanks for the update Gido !
Alfredo Aleandri
2016-07-11 16:56:57
Hi Gido, I didn't receive any email, anyway I give you the permission to use my image to be printed, exposed, sold...
Gido
2016-07-11 17:11:31
thats right, I wanted to send out the email this weekend but I tried out the skateboard of the kids and fell of so badly I have been lying in bed since saturday. Thanks for the reminder!
paulo abrantes
2016-07-11 17:27:33
hey..., Gido..., just try a long board one, like I have done..., it´s much easier and we "don´t look so bad" near the small ones :)))
Gido
2016-07-11 17:46:25
It was a long board.... an electric one... I guess 20Km/h was not a good starter speed
paulo abrantes
2016-07-11 19:45:56
take off the engine of that board :))) or do it like me..., give them a "regular" one without any engine but their legs... :D
NamLong Nguyen
2016-07-06 03:46:11
Oh my god, I can't believe that. Could you please ship to Vietnam?
Gido
2016-07-07 01:31:33
sure!
Julius Andres Manzano
2016-06-17 06:46:29
I am really grateful and honored to be again be part of this amazing street photography book. Not to mention that the proceeds are for a good cause. Thank you so much Gido and the curators of WSP! And congrats to all selected! Really fine work in this book!

(Any information on the book's launching and where?)
Max Slobodda
2016-06-13 02:14:11
"Max Slobodan, Germany 196"

hmm its Max Slobodda btw.
Christophe Mousset
2016-06-10 09:07:42
Hi Gido, are every curator's choice in thé book ?
Gido
2016-06-10 09:52:33
Hi Cristophe,
The curators selected 3 photos from all curator choices from each category. So no, not all curators choices are in the book.
Christophe Mousset
2016-06-10 09:58:51
Thanks Gido. So, maybe next year 😉 have a nice day
Christophe Mousset
2016-06-10 09:07:41
Hi Gido, are every curator's choice in thé book ?
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-06-08 17:57:50
Hi Gido, i just read your answer to Vasco Trancosco's question considering the fact that sometimes there are two pages: one for the photo and one for the biography. Since I obviously seem to have two pages for my "without people" photo, I guess that you need my biographical data. But as I wrote two days ago your program is somehow not able to upload any text... Please let me know if you need my biographical data or not because I didn't get an email concerning this, either. Or maybe you already got some information from Bailey Cooper who some months ago started to question me for an interview.
Greetings
Oliver
Bailey Cooper
2016-06-09 04:07:30
Hey Oliver - Yes, I did use information from what you sent me for the interview. A distilled version of that is what will appear with your photo in the book. Now that OMOE and WSP3 have been put to bed, I will be resuming the interviews, yours included.
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-06-09 08:10:41
That sounds great! Thank you, Bailey - I'm sure that working on these two books simultaneously must have been a real time consuming and strenuous endeavor. I'm really looking forward to the outcome!
Cheers
Oliver
Dawn Mander
2016-06-07 16:54:28
Hi Gido
I know its early but when can we start uploading for next year's book? great work by you guys , congratulations :)
Gido
2016-06-07 18:08:28
Hi Dawn,
here: https://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/photos/streetphotography-wsp-4-1
is the new competition for next years book
Dawn Mander
2016-06-08 16:22:51
Hi Gido,

I think have missed a post about points or dredits for uploading to WSP-4-1 as I could only upload one image...is there a link to the explanation please?

thanks and again congrats
Dawn
Dawn Mander
2016-06-08 16:24:35
Hello again,

that's ok, have found it...sorry and please ignore above comment!

Dawn

Gido
2016-06-08 16:36:39
https://world-street.photography/en/shop below the shop there is an explanation, we'll put it on the front page more prominent.
Alfredo Aleandri
2016-06-07 15:48:41
When I bought the WSP 2015 book, my greatest wish was to be one of the selected photographers for the 2016 edition, now I feel very honored to have been selected.

I'd like to say a special thanks to the WSP staff for the great effort they put through to make this happen.
Gido
2016-06-07 18:08:46
That's a great story to read :-)

congrats Alfredo!
Christopher Reuter
2016-06-07 14:26:24
Congratulations to everyone. Just saw the list😁📷amazing work! Thx gido and Mrs Cooper, my homegirl!!
Bailey Cooper
2016-07-12 08:17:52
OMG Chris... just saw this. You made my day. Well... actually, it's 2:30 am, so you made my night sliding into day at light speed period of time. You ARE adorable. Hugs, you little hooligan.
Gido
2016-06-07 00:37:17
BTW if you want people to buy the book you know who do NOT want to register here there is a promotion Website:
http://streetphotography.photo/
If YOU want to buy the book pls order it over the shop https://world-street.photography/en/shop so you also get uploads for it for the next book.
So members: https://world-street.photography/en/shop
Friends and NON members: http://streetphotography.photo/
Orna Naor
2016-06-07 06:00:11
Hi
I already ordered but did not upload for next year; any way to fix it?
Oliver-Parviz Engel
2016-06-07 00:32:03
Hi Gido,
thanx a thousand times for choosing my pictures for the book!!! I'm really honored.
I know you've been busy with the editing recently but I have a problem, yet: since I knew, that I'd be in the book probably, I tried to upload I picture of myself and write some lines in the about-section of my profile. But the program simply doesn't upload anything. I tried it in several sizes and the text only - nothing happens.....
So after you'll have recovered from the stress of choosing the participants of the book, you maybe find time to solve this problem.

Thanx and greetings
Oliver
Gido
2016-06-07 00:46:36
Hi Oliver,
Congrats!
for the Publishing house asked us to not do all biographies and not use 10 pages to thank everybody who joined the competitions like we have did before, we limited to publish the biographs only from the people who were selected by the curators and from the curatots. All the people who have their biographies in the book, have been contacted in the past 2 weeks. We also did not publish any profile photo from any photographer. This was not planned.

cheers
Gido
paulo abrantes
2016-06-07 00:22:31
congrats to all who participated in this project. I feel really honored.
Caroline Errickson
2016-06-06 23:01:00
Congrats to all you awesome and amazing photographers !! Bravo! And thank you so very much !!I am so grateful for being chosen amongst so many talented artists!!❤️❤️❤️

Caroline Errickson ❌⭕️
Gido
2016-06-06 22:20:09
Congrats to you all and to all who participated in this beautiful street photography project, the book looks awesome. We could have made it 500 pages !!
Thank you all so much! And special thanks all curators and especially Bailey Cooper who has done the editing of the book!! Thank you b!!!

We of course hope you will all join the next competitions for next years book which have already started!

The WSP 3 book:

Street Portraits
Rj Galgo, Philippines 8
Bijit Mukherjee, India 9
Dina Alfasi, Israel 10
Hervé Chatel, France 11
Jodi Haag, U.S.A. 12
Paola Saetti, Italy 13
Christian Schirrmacher, Germany 14
Vladimir Troyan, Russia 15
Chris Suspect, U.S.A. 16-19
Katarzyna Kubiak, Poland 20-21
Enamul Kabir, Bangladesh 22-23, 32
Neim Guillaume, Italy 24-25
Lukasz Choja, Poland 26
Vinita Barretto, India 27
Dmitry Demchenko,U.S.A. 28
Jeffrey De Keyser, Belgium 29
Davide Albani, U.S.A. 30
Yoriyas Yassine Alaoui, Moroco 31
Sandip Bose, India 33
Sara Mosaheb, Iran 34
Shane Phillips, U.S.A. 35
Josh Rose, U.S.A 36
Orna Naor, Israel 37
Dipankar Narayan Das, India 38
Supriya Laha, India 39
Mitsutaka Tajiri, Japan 40
Speedy Ghemati. Italy 41

Decisive Moment
Jonathan Higbee, U.S.A. 42-43
Jet Rabe, Philippines 44-45
Daniel Truta, Romania 46-47
Andrea Scirè, Italy 48-49
Robert Beliczay, U.K. 50
Roy Rozanski, Israel 51
Rui Caria, Portugal 52
Leidolv Magelssen, Russia 53
CP Shio, Malaysia 54
Yoriyas Yassine Alaoui, Morocco 55
Monika Jaśkowska-Bablok, Poland 56-57
Liberti Michele, Italy 58
Duong Nguyen Thanh, Vietnam 59
Michele Difigola, Spain 60
Julius Andres Manzano, Philippines 61, 72, 74, 80
Rafael Heygster, Germany 62
Tristan Eric Del Castillo, Singapore 63
Vasco Trancoso, Portugal 64-65
Mahbubur Rahman Khoka, Bangladesh 66
Arsenio Jr Nidoy, Philippines 67
Steven Jensen, Ukraine 68
Larry Monserate Piojo, Philippines 69
Kristina Koroleva, Russia 70
Syafiudin Vifick, Indonesia 71
Ken Walton, U.S.A. 73
Davide Albani. U.S.A. 75
Olesia Kim, Russia 76
Sasikumar Ramachandran, India 77
Anne J Gibson, Canada 78
Piero Tranchida, Italy 79
Marco Giusfredi, France 81

Reflections
Alex Coghe, Italy/Mexico 82-85
Irmgard Meo, Italy 86-87
Giorgia Ivone, Italy 88-89
Anthony Hutchinson, Canada 90-91
Tony Liviero, U.S.A. 92
Sebastien Dottin, France 93
Jonathan Higbee, U.S.A. 94
Caroline Errickson, U.S.A. 95
Chan Chun Ming, China 96
Jeffrey De Keyser, Belgium 97

Free Style
Lauren Welles, U.S.A 98-101
Zahir Abbas, India 102-103
Luca Rossi, Italy 104-105
Alphan Yilmazmaden, Turkey 106-107
Marco Giusfredi, France 108
Tony Salvagio, U.S.A. 109
Stella Trasforini, Italy 110
Alejandra Vidal, Ireland 111
Roza Vulf, Italy 112
Denis Dukhovnik, Russia 113
Prap Boonpan, Thailand 114
Chu Viet Ha, Vietnam 115
Bambang Wirawan, Indonesia 116
Ilya Shtutsa, Russia 117
Piotr Krzyzanowski, Poland 118
Soumyendra Saha, India 119, 121
Gerry Orkin, Australia 120
Michal Pachniewski, China 122
Jo Klaps, Belgium 123
Greg Bethmann, U.S.A 124
NamLong Nguyen, Vietnam 125
Federico Arcangeli, Italy 126
Daniele Zarri, Italy 127
Kutchino Backflip, Philippines 128
Adrian Capusan, Romania 129
Risky Arif Wijaya, Indonesia 130
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 131

Urban Geometry
Siegfried Hansen, Germany 132-135
Alfredo Aleandri, Italy 136-137
Paulo Abrantes, Portugal 138-139
Diana Kykot, Ukraine 140-141
Fabio Cataldo, Italy 142
Vlad Sidorak, Russia 143
Raul Santua, Norway 144
Fabio Secchia, Italy 145
Soumyodeep Mukherjee, India 146
Marco Giusfredi, France 147

Without People
Oliver-Parviz Engel, Germany 148-149
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 150-151
Clarence Dosdos, Qatar 152-153
Krerkburin Kerngburi, Thailand 154
Henning S Pettersen, Norway 155
Harry Fodor, Germany 156
JSD JADSADA 157

Shades and Light
Suresh Naganathan, India 158-159
Liberti Michele, Italy 160-161
Ignasi Raventos, Spain 162-163, 171
Scott Strazzante, U.S.A 164
Thierry Boitelle, France 165
Chi Alvarez, Philippines 166
Aniruddha Guha Sarkar, India 167
Oliver-Parviz Engel, Germany 168
Jochem Schmidt, U.S.A. 169
Stefano Lista, Italy 170
Remis Scerbauskas, Lithuania 172
Antonio E. Ojeda, Spain 173

Juxtaposition
Lara Kantardjian, U.K. 174-177
Sandip Bose, India 178-179
Frederico Arcangeli, Italy 180-181
Paola Saetti, Italy 182-183
Arsenio Jr Nidoy, Philippines 184
Davide Albani, Italy 185
Antoine Bruneau, Canada 186
Krishanu Sarkar, India 187
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 188
Michal Pachniewski, China 189
Arek Rataj, Bangladesh 190
Christopher Reuter, Germany 191
Yoriyas Yassine Alaqoi, Morocco 192
Sagi Kortler, Israel 193
Roy Rozanski, Israel 194
Pallavi Rana , India 195
Max Slobodan, Germany 196
Lukasz Choja, Poland 197

Public Viewers‘ Award
Sandip Bose, India 33
Enamul Kabir, Bangladesh 32
rekha nag
2016-06-07 09:25:03
Congratulations everyone!!
Sandip Bose
2016-06-07 09:50:29
Wow, congrats everyone. This book is gonna be awesome. Love the way the genres are organized Gido and I am sure the selections are top notch. Well done everyone.
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2016-06-07 10:00:55
Congrats Sandip and other friends ! All the best !!!
Andrea Scirè
2016-06-07 13:00:42
GREAT! Thanks Gido and all SWP Staff for this great production! I'm honored to be in the book, Congratulations everyone!
World Street Photography is becoming a very important worldwide reference for street photography and an important source of inspiration for my work.

Dawn Mander
2016-06-07 16:50:53
Another great book full of talented photographers, congrats to all well done!
Batsceba Hardy
2016-06-07 22:26:06
congrats!
Max Slobodda
2016-06-13 01:11:21
Cool! I guess ive made it into the book! But i hope you didnt name me in the book with Slobodan. Its Slobodda :D
NamLong Nguyen
2016-07-06 08:52:32
Oh, Still not believe that my photo was selected :D Many thanks!
Osvaldo Mirante
2016-07-12 08:51:10
Oh I just discovered that i have no photo in the book... I was still hoping until now that I read the names... :(

Congrats to all of the nominated
Gido
2016-06-06 22:14:07
And the last Chapter

Juxtaposition
Lara Kantardjian, U.K. 174-177
Sandip Bose, India 178-179
Frederico Arcangeli, Italy 180-181
Paola Saetti, Italy 182-183
Arsenio Jr Nidoy, Philippines 184
Davide Albani, Italy 185
Antoine Bruneau, Canada 186
Krishanu Sarkar, India 187
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 188
Michal Pachniewski, China 189
Arek Rataj, Bangladesh 190
Christopher Reuter, Germany 191
Yoriyas Yassine Alaqoi, Morocco 192
Sagi Kortler, Israel 193
Roy Rozanski, Israel 194
Pallavi Rana , India 195
Max Slobodan, Germany 196
Lukasz Choja, Poland 197

The Public Viewers‘ Award goes to:
Sandip Bose, India 33
Enamul Kabir, Bangladesh 32

Congrats to you all!!!!!!
Federico Arcangeli
2016-06-06 22:18:36
Federico Arcangeli ;)
Thank you :*
Vasco Trancoso
2016-06-06 22:02:52
Great! Congrats to everyone!

- Gido please let me know:

- What means when we read 2 pages (or more) about an author. For example when I read Vasco Trancoso, Portugal 64-65 - it means that there will be 2 photos of mine?

- The total amount of 2015 uploaded pool at WSP will be about 40 thousand photos? And the total of (2015) authors ? And total of countries at WSP during 2015?

- On the book there will be 100 authors represented? And how many photos in the book?

Cheers!
Gido
2016-06-06 23:52:44
one page for your biography and one with the photo. for curator choices there is also a currators comment to the bio.
30,424 uploads, 2800 somthing ohotography, dont know the country amount..... we considered mentioning the amounts, we will but at this point the amount doesnt really matter anymore. It is not a race in numbers. The book has 200 pages with quality street photography.
the foto you see above of the book is a digital book, the number 100 is not correct and is just a draft. I'd prefer to leave out the numbers and give it a better subtitle. The exact numbers come later.... we will give them to you but I dont think it is important.

congrats!
Vasco Trancoso
2016-06-07 00:35:25
Thanks a lot Gido!
With the information you provide I counted that book have 123 images (from 115 international photographers representing 34 countries) !
Cheers!
Gido
2016-06-07 01:45:20
I counted 158 Photos
Bailey Cooper
2016-06-07 08:25:06
Hmmm... I count 141 images, 117 photographers, 34 countries. The truth is in there somewhere guys :-)
Gido
2016-06-06 21:57:50
Shades and lights, we had a hard time finding a new curator for this category and Don Springer (from the INSPIRED EYE) did the curating of the final curator choices (Suresh, Liberti and Ignasi)

Shades and lights
Suresh Naganathan, India 158-159
Liberti Michele, Italy 160-161
Ignasi Raventos, Spain 162-163, 171
Scott Strazzante, U.S.A 164
Thierry Boitelle, France 165
Chi Alvarez, Philippines 166
Aniruddha Guha Sarkar, India 167
Oliver-Parviz Engel, Germany 168
Jochem Schmidt, U.S.A. 169
Stefano Lista, Italy 170
Remis Scerbauskas, Lithuania 172
Antonio E. Ojeda, Spain 173

Congrats to you all!
Stefano Lista
2016-06-07 00:25:34
Thank you! Honored...
Gido
2016-06-06 21:51:48
And Siegfried Hansen's Categories

Urban Geometry
Siegfried Hansen, Germany 132-135
Alfredo Aleandri, Italy 136-137
Paulo Abrantes, Portugal 138-139
Diana Kykot, Ukraine 140-141
Fabio Cataldo, Italy 142
Vlad Sidorak, Russia 143
Raul Santua, Norway 144
Fabio Secchia, Italy 145
Soumyodeep Mukherjee, India 146
Marco Giusfredi, France 147

Without People
Oliver-Parviz Engel, Germany 148-149
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 150-151
Clarence Dosdos, Qatar 152-153
Krerkburin Kerngburi, Thailand 154
Henning S Pettersen, Norway 155
Harry Fodor, Germany 156
JSD JADSADA 157

Congrats!!
(I'll post all name at the end in one post)
Gido
2016-06-06 21:48:31
aaand the chapter Free Style:

Free Style
Lauren Welles, U.S.A 98-101
Zahir Abbas, India 102-103
Luca Rossi, Italy 104-105
Alphan Yilmazmaden, Turkey 106-107
Marco Giusfredi, France 108
Tony Salvagio, U.S.A. 109
Stella Trasforini, Italy 110
Alejandra Vidal, Ireland 111
Roza Vulf, Italy 112
Denis Dukhovnik, Russia 113
Prap Boonpan, Thailand 114
Chu Viet Ha, Vietnam 115
Bambang Wirawan, Indonesia 116
Ilya Shtutsa, Russia 117
Piotr Krzyzanowski, Poland 118
Soumyendra Saha, India 119, 121
Gerry Orkin, Australia 120
Michal Pachniewski, China 122
Jo Klaps, Belgium 123
Greg Bethmann, U.S.A 124
NamLong Nguyen, Vietnam 125
Federico Arcangeli, Italy 126
Daniele Zarri, Italy 127
Kutchino Backflip, Philippines 128
Adrian Capusan, Romania 129
Risky Arif Wijaya, Indonesia 130
Muhammad Imam Hasan, Bangladesh 131
Gido
2016-06-06 21:42:58
Here are the photos from the Chapter Reflections:

Alex Coghe, Italy/Mexico 82-85
Irmgard Meo, Italy 86-87
Giorgia Ivone, Italy 88-89
Anthony Hutchinson, Canada 90-91
Tony Liviero, U.S.A. 92
Sebastien Dottin, France 93
Jonathan Higbee, U.S.A. 94
Caroline Errickson, U.S.A. 95
Chan Chun Ming, China 96
Jeffrey De Keyser, Belgium 97

congrats to you all!

Now it will take several minutes before you see the other chapters cause here some page numbers got twisted
Gido
2016-06-06 21:37:29
Next Chapter:
Decisive Moment
Jonathan Higbee, U.S.A. 42-43
Jet Rabe, Philippines 44-45
Daniel Truta, Romania 46-47
Andrea Scirè, Italy 48-49
Robert Beliczay, U.K. 50
Roy Rozanski, Israel 51
Rui Caria, Portugal 52
Leidolv Magelssen, Russia 53
CP Shio, Malaysia 54
Yoriyas Yassine Alaoui, Morocco 55
Monika Ja?kowska-Bablok, Poland 56-57
Liberti Michele, Italy 58
Duong Nguyen Thanh, Vietnam 59
Michele Difigola, Spain 60
Julius Andres Manzano, Philippines 61, 72, 74, 80
Rafael Heygster, Germany 62
Tristan Eric Del Castillo, Singapore 63
Mahbubur Rahman Khoka, Bangladesh 66
Arsenio Jr Nidoy, Philippines 67
Steven Jensen, Ukraine 68
Larry Monserate Piojo, Philippines 69
Kristina Koroleva, Russia 70
Syafiudin Vifick, Indonesia 71
Ken Walton, U.S.A. 73
Davide Albani. U.S.A. 75
Olesia Kim, Russia 76
Sasikumar Ramachandran, India 77
Anne J Gibson, Canada 78
Piero Tranchida, Italy 79
Marco Giusfredi, France 81

and of course Congrats to you all!!!
Gido
2016-06-06 21:26:26
I don't want to let you all wait too long... We are going through all pages to tripple check all names here are the people who are in the section Street Portraits (in almost each category the curators are also presented, here in the middle is Chris Suspect curated)

Rj Galgo, Philippines 8
Bijit Mukherjee, India 9
Dina Alfasi, Israel 10
Hervé Chatel, France 11
Jodi Haag, U.S.A. 12
Paola Saetti, Italy 13
Christian Schirrmacher, Germany 14
Vladimir Troyan, Russia 15
Chris Suspect, U.S.A. 16-19
Katarzyna Kubiak, Poland 20-21
Enamul Kabir, Bangladesh 22-23, 32
Neim Guillaume, Italy 24-25
Lukasz Choja, Poland 26
Vinita Barretto, India 27
Dmitry Demchenko,U.S.A. 28
Jeffrey De Keyser, Belgium 29
Davide Albani, U.S.A. 30
Yoriyas Yassine Alaoui, Moroco 31
Sandip Bose, India 33
Sara Mosaheb, Iran 34
Shane Phillips, U.S.A. 35
Josh Rose, U.S.A 36
Orna Naor, Israel 37
Dipankar Narayan Das, India 38
Supriya Laha, India 39
Mitsutaka Tajiri, Japan 40
Speedy Ghemati. Italy 41
Orna Naor
2016-06-06 21:37:50
Thank you!
Katarzyna Kubiak
2016-06-08 20:40:32
Great!! Congrats to all!!!
Alejandra Vidal
2016-07-13 08:00:29
Thanks so much, great job!!!!
Giuseppe Pons
2016-06-06 19:35:31
Fantastic!
Gido
2016-06-06 09:25:46
Hi All,

the book is set to 99%
tonight European time (around 21:00-21:30) we can announce who is in the book and not.
Please do not delete photos today or ask for account deletions at this moment that makes our work very very hard.

have a great Monday!

Gido
Stefano Lista
2016-06-06 10:43:22
I cross my fingers :) have a great day you too!
Shaul Cohen
2016-06-05 18:32:02
hi gido_There are some books that participants in the competition like Street 2016-2017_3.6 in frame++And others_I was wondering why I have not shown them the opportunity to participate in_thanks:)
Gido
2016-06-05 18:40:47
HI Saul

I have no idea what you mean... Do you mean that the member list of 3.6 frame is not complete? Guess that is a programming bug just go to the terms page and agree to the terms, that should work
Gido
2016-06-05 14:29:26
Hi All,

we first put in the photos and didn't take over all names from all photographers, we do that at the end. But now one photo selected doesnt turn up at the website anymore presumably because it was deleted which is a real pity. We don't know who made this photo, does anybody know who shot this photo:
https://www.facebook.com/kujaja.world.street.photography/photos/a.435759939903266.1073741828.431472203665373/863785787100677/?type=3&theater

the photographer has 12 hours left before we will take it out and have to put in another photo...

dear regards
Gido
paulo abrantes
2016-06-05 19:12:21
I have no idea..., just hope someone do...
cheers
Fabio Secchia
2016-06-05 21:11:19
my visual memory helps a lot in this cases ;-) ... Stella Trasforini made this one
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stellatrasforini/19081024862/in/dateposted/
Gido
2016-06-05 21:30:07
you'r my hero THANKS Fabio!
just in time... I just took it out... now I have to put it back again ;-)
Gido
2016-05-31 18:35:49
Hi All,

we found a bug in the online store. The postal costs were too high. For we especially kept the book under 1 kg the postal costs are not 18 but 9 euros. To keep the wait under 1 kg we will use not use the carton package you perhaps already know but an
air cushion padded envelope. Sorry again for the inconvenience we will send you the postal costs back as soon as we have calculated all mistakes!

dear regards
Gido
Anjan Sarkar
2016-05-30 19:33:51
Hi Gido,

Is my photo selected in the book?

Gido
2016-05-30 21:07:32
pls read the comments below
Tomasz Bosiacki
2016-05-31 12:21:02
"To the selected photos, all photos with 6 or 5 votes from these pages http://world-street.photography/en/photobooks/photosbyvotes/world-street-photography-2016-nominations are in the book, plus the award winners and three public viewers awards photos, plus a selection of photos from the photos with 4 votes and to each street category we had to add a few photos with less votes for to make each category of street photography in the book have enough photos. Michael Sweet has written the intro of the book.

Gido
2016-05-30 18:14:02
Hi all,

I could debug the shop and it is now working, payments will be payed and there is no white screen anymore.
If your order wasn't booked from your Paypal account or you got a white screen, please reorder

sorry for the inconvenience!!!!!

dear regards

Giod
Caroline Errickson
2016-05-30 12:41:25
Hi Gido-

How much is the book in USD?

Thank you!
Gido
2016-05-30 12:50:23
I don't know I guess Paypal will adjust the euro / $ price on a daily basis
Raul Santua
2016-05-30 10:14:13
Hi Gido,

I ordered the book WSP3 but made a mistake, I ended up also buy the book Above, I don't know why! Is there any chance I altering for two WSP3 units paying the difference?

Thank you very much
Gido
2016-05-30 12:49:42
I emailed you
Fabio Secchia
2016-05-30 09:26:40
Hi Gido, PayPal pre order transition seems working just fine in my case. Can you confirm this? Thanks. Fabio
Gido
2016-05-30 09:49:14
Your order I had to fire manually but at the moment you ordered the shop had only 1 error now there seem to be 2 errors...
First the problem was that the payments were not executed but working fine, but now it seems people get a white page and white page means error

I need the URL where the white page comes, if any body orders from now, pls send me the URL so I can fix the bug....
I feel a bit like an Amature at the moment... sorry to all of you for the inconvenience!!
Orna Naor
2016-05-30 08:46:58
Hey I tried to pre order, PayPal still doesn't work. Also, I would like to see first if there is any pictures of mine in it, to know how many copies I want. Please let me know when you have the finals, and any other information about PayPal you have.
Thank you
Gido
2016-05-30 09:55:53
next weekend the book will be done and then we can show all who are in the book.
It is of course great to be in the book, and all photos here are worthy of getting in the book. There is just a physical aspect of the book that it cant have 1000 pages... still all your photos are all great pls known that. The book is of course worthy buying even if your photo is not in the book

Thank you
Christopher Reuter
2016-05-30 08:39:35
Hey Gido here is another Question. Is the book also available at Exhibition in Hamburg? Would like to be there :-)
Greetings from Cologne, Christopher
Gido
2016-05-30 09:17:01
yes if all goes well the exhibition opening will be on Thursday the 14th of July and goes till September the first. The exhibition isn't very big don't expect a huge room. The book will be sold there too, next to the exhibition room is a shop.
Max Romensky
2016-05-29 21:05:27
Hi, Guido! How do I know the final list of pictures in the book?
Gido
2016-05-30 09:14:54
You'll know next weekend!
Gido
2016-05-29 20:15:06
It seems the paypal shop is not working... if you order pls check if a tranaction has taken place in your paypal account :-(
Vasco Trancoso
2016-05-29 20:22:47
Hi Gido!
True! Until now I did not see my order (about 1 hour ago) transaction on my PayPal account.
I´ll wait for your advice.
Cheers
Gido
2016-05-29 20:33:14
We'll have to wait till paypall support opens again... seems I noticed this a few minutes too late... they are closed till tomorrow early...
Gido
2016-05-30 08:33:09
Okay we have found the bug, or at least know why things are not running the way it should. I hope the shop is now working. The payments made before midnight european time were excecuted the payments after midnight not.
It is a kind of try and error at the moment ... sorry for that!
Vasco Trancoso
2016-05-30 11:40:27
Hi Gido!
Already received Paypal receipt. So it seems everyrthing is OK.
Cheers.
Shaul Cohen
2016-05-29 17:44:10
hi Gido_Can you please tell me how to order this book
Lara Kantardjian
2016-05-29 18:29:46
Hi Shaul, Gido shared the pre-order link below. I'll copy it for you:
https://world-street.photography/en/shop
Gido
2016-05-29 18:31:58
Thanks Lara,

perhaps you should also all know that the title of the book is WSP 3 or World Street Photography 3
For having a year in the title makes bookshops not want to order the book anymore if the year is over therefor the publishing house asked to give the new book a number instead of a year
Gido
2016-05-27 12:56:46
Hi All,

I just got back from the publishing house. All's well, the book will need to be handed over at the 6th of June at the latest. Before that we will have to do some editing. Sunday the 5th we then can tell you exactly who is in the book and not. Like last year we will have to buy 100 books in front, means we will need a lot of pre orders from you all.
This weekend we will start the new competitions for next years book and the pre orders :-)
Like last year there will be a few copies for free which are meant for the people who are in the book but can't afford the book and will pay only the postal costs.

The page amount is reduced to 190 (instead of 230 last year) so we can transport the book (in cheaper packaging though) for less money as last year. Therefor we can't publish all bio's from all photographers and can't do the Ashalayam photo series and can't use 16 pages to thank all photographers like last year but there for the postal cost will reduce a lot. The bio's from the people who won the wsp awards will be in the book together with curators who.

The exhibition will take place from Thursday the 14th July till the 1st of September in Hamburg. For hardly photos were sold we are still negotiating who we will organize the costs.
Next week we will get the numbers from last year, I am already very curious how much money we will get donated to the orphans in Kalkotta.

The book will be called "World Street Photography 3" and not 2015 or 2016 cause selling books with a year in it are too hard to get sold when the year is over. Bookstores don't order books in 2016 with the year 2015 on the title.

Important question to you all, do we want to keep on supporting the Ashalayam organisation (who take care of street children in Kalkotta give them shelter, food and education and give them a life) or do we want to look for another organisation?
We need to know this, this week for we want to have this of course in the book.

dear regards
Gido

Gido
2016-05-27 13:02:19
To the selected photos, all photos with 6 or 5 votes from these pages http://world-street.photography/en/photobooks/photosbyvotes/world-street-photography-2016-nominations are in the book, plus the award winners and three public viewers awards photos, plus a selection of photos from the photos with 4 votes and to each street category we had to add a few photos with less votes for to make each category of street photography in the book have enough photos. Michael Sweet has written the intro of the book.
Gerry Orkin
2016-05-29 01:51:05
Thanks for the update! Happy to support that charity and to pre-order a copy!
Gido
2016-05-29 17:31:35
Thanks Gerry!
The pre-order has already started at: https://world-street.photography/en/shop
The shop also includes a text about the next street competitions which have started today
Raul Santua
2016-05-29 18:17:56
Hello Gido,

I ordered the book WSP3 but made a mistake, I ended up also buy the book Above. Is there any chance I altering for two WSP3 units paying the difference?

Thank you very much
Dawn Mander
2016-05-21 19:46:38
Hi Gido, Have all the images been selected for the Street Photography Book 2016? Am excited to see final selection.

Thanks Gido

regards
Dawn
Gido
2016-05-21 20:04:41
Hi Dawn,

we are almost almost done. We want to present several new things comming up very very soon so we will have to wait a little bit more before we can present the photos from the book. Also we can only do this at the moment we send away the pdf to the printing house. At the end of this month all will know who is in the book. If you are not in the book you still know that your photo was one of the best, it is just that we have a limited amount of pages.

dear regards
Gido
Andrea Scirè
2016-05-02 19:55:04
Hi Gido, any news about the book (street photography book 2016)?
Gido
2016-05-02 22:32:23
Hi Andrea
if all goes right we will have all results at the end of the month
dear regards
Gido
Alf Myers
2016-05-02 22:36:52
Hi Gido,

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets selected. From what I've seen on the website it isn't going to be an easy task at all.

Alf
Andrea Scirè
2016-05-03 09:35:33
Grazie! Gido! ;-)
Bastian Saputra
2016-04-14 07:02:39
Hi Gido...waiting for the next final selected photos for the book! :)
My photos nominated 4, but only one voted.
Wishing the best for us and the project!
Vasco Trancoso
2016-03-14 22:31:20
Hi Gido!
Please let me know when will start World Street Photography book 2016 - 2017 nominations and awards.
Cheers!
Bastian Saputra
2016-04-14 07:03:35
already start sir! please check the competitions page. cheers!
Orna Naor
2016-04-14 12:10:57
I couldn't find it. Can you please send the link?
Thank you
Bastian Saputra
2016-04-15 07:51:15
https://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/photos/street-photography-2016-1
start with upload, the select the street photography competition 2016-2017. like usual.
Laurent Coust
2016-02-21 23:38:07
Hi Gido

i got a curator choice in
World Street Photography Awards 2015/2016 - Free style - 5

is this image is in the selction for the book ?
Regards
Gido
2016-02-21 23:52:21
Let's wait all till the curators made up their minds and then we will see which photo got selected
Laurent Coust
2016-02-22 00:05:53
Thank you Gido
Laurent Coust
2016-02-19 13:38:52
Hello Gido,
Thanks for the choice of one of my photo to continue the selection for the book
here the high resolution with exif date
Regards

http://www.kujaja.com/en/photo/136482
Vasco Trancoso
2016-02-19 11:51:22
Thanks a lot Gido!
Now what will happen to the photo?
http://world-street.photography/en/photo/108981
Cheers
Vasco Trancoso
2016-02-17 22:49:49
Hi Gido!
You wrote “There was a bug in the programming. The photos which got a public viewers awards could not be curated (or better voted) because the voting mechanism didn't appear on those photos”.
My photo http://world-street.photography/en/photo/108981
Is Winner of the "Viewers Choice" award of the competition: World Street Photography Awards 2015/2016 - Decisive moment 5 – FINAL. And Winner of the competition: The porch - a photo book project .
It's one that you were talking about and that could not be voted ?
Thanks a lot for help
Vasco
Dian Sari
2016-02-15 10:49:24
Hi Gido, I received your email bout my photo in kujaja that need to put the date in it. I already edit it. I edit it twice because the date on my phone maybe save as i edit it, a day later, so i fix it when i confirmed the right date from my laptop. Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble http://world-street.photography/en/photo/84610
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2016-02-15 03:50:03
Sorry Gido , it was in special mention only !
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2016-02-15 03:48:20
Hi Gido ! will the following foto which won curators choice find a place ?
http://world-street.photography/en/photo/82418?profile
Gido
2016-02-15 10:37:44
I don't know this is up to the curators they can select 1 up to 3 photos as their favourite choice from their category over the entire year.

I can't tell when this will be decided cause we are still waiting for the dates of the photos uploaded.

please be patient
Omar Marques
2016-02-15 00:26:02
Hi Gido!

My picture was fist curator choice on the "Seeing things in things " on the week theme competition .
Will the picture be included in the book? And pictures selected for the gallery? Are included?

Best Regards

Omar
Gido
2016-02-15 10:35:14
Hi Omar,

no, those are all non street competitions and the gallery is something totally different.

regards
Gido
Federico Arcangeli
2016-02-14 21:54:58
Hi Gido! I have a question. ;-)
I won the last "juxtaposition 5" : http://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/winner/street-photography-awards-2015-juxtaposition-5 . If I don't see my image in the Nominated Photos it means the photo hasn't been voted ? Thank you mr wolf ;-)
Gido
2016-02-14 22:53:37
yes correctly
but for you got a curators choice within the street competitions your photo might still be selected from one of the curators.

there are 2 parts of the books, the curator choices and the community part. The curators will choose their best photo as soon as we know the date take of all photos which won something in the street comeptitions
Vasco Trancoso
2016-02-14 21:27:45
Hi Gido!
You wrote "There are photos within the selection who already won a curators choice or a special mention. These photos are within the curators part of the book unless the curator doesnt vote this photo. " Please let me know if my photo
http://world-street.photography/en/photo/122720 that won a Curator (Robert Smith) Choice of http://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/winner/Black-and-White-competition-2015-december-06 will be choosed for the book.
It has been a really good and hard work from everybody. Congrats Gido.
Thanks for your help. Cheers.
Osvaldo Mirante
2016-02-14 22:06:34
Ciao Vasco,

I just interfere her because I saw your mentioned photo within the lot of nominated. I do not remember how many votes, but I think more than one.

Hope I helped,

Kind regards,

osvaldo
Gido
2016-02-14 22:51:41
The Black and white competitions are not street photography competitions, they are about B&W in common
Vasco Trancoso
2016-02-14 22:53:30
Thanks Gido! Cheers.
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2016-02-14 19:36:09
Good Work ! All the best. let the best come out.

Could not make this time. Was hoping that one of my two fotos which won curators choice may find a place. One was taken in 2014 the other in 2015.

Congratulations to all !!! Carry on the good work Gido !

Mariana Moraes
2016-02-14 14:16:14
I know I am late for this years nomination, but how do we enter the contest? All the pictures we've uploaded are automatically being judged or no?
Gido
2016-02-14 16:45:10
Hi Mariana,
no you have to add your photo to a competition to join. There will be a fourth book for which you can upload your photos very soon.
The best way to get into the book is of course by regulary uploading your photos.
Gido
2016-02-14 03:35:59
Hi All,

4 of 6 curators have finished voting. 2 were too tired after 7 hours of voting and will do their voting later, within the next 2-3 days. From around 2600 nominated photos:
http://world-street.photography/en/photobooks/photosbyvotes/world-street-photography-2016-nominations
623 photos got at least 1 curator vote. (the red number in the right top corner resemble the amount of curators votes.

6 photos got the votes from all curators, 33 photos got 5 votes.
For 2 curators didn't vote for around a fourth of all photos things can change a bit within the next few days.
The cover photo of the book will be (as you presumably would already have expected) Jonathan Higbee's photo
Congrats Jonathan!!
The photos with all 6 votes from all curators are of course in the photo book, congrats to Jet Rabe, Rafael Heygster,Jonathan Higbee,Monika Jaśkowska-Bablok, Hervé Chatel, Scott Strazzante and Steven Jensen.

The book will have around 160-170 pages, around half pages will be dedicated to the curators and their choices, the other half of the book to the nominated community selection. We will need around a final 100-120 photos to be able to make fill the book. We need a bit more photos then there are places so the book designer can play with the images (which poto fits best to which photo etc).

There are photos within the selection who already won a curators choice or a special mention. These photos are within the curators part of the book unless the curator doesnt vote this photo.
There was a bug in the programming. The photos which got a public viewers awards could not be curated (or better voted) because the voting mechanism didn't appear on those photos. I forgot my notebook with the numbers of those 2 photos which got selected... sh*** it is too late to get it back now. Tomorrow evening I will know which photos these were.

Another step forward to the third World Street photography book... we'll have to wait now for the 2 other community curators and for the curators choices who did the competitions this year. With this selection we still need to contact around 10 photographers to get the right date for the photo. If that is cleared we can tell more.

If you got a nomination the past few days and are not within the photos with a curator voted today you don't need to upload your photo in highres anymore. Photos with only 1 curators vote very unlikely will be in the photo book. Still getting a vote means you are within the last of 600 photos from eeh I have to check the exact amount but I guess it was between 30,000 and 40,000 photos which were uploaded.

so off to bed... 03:35 am... ui :-)

Dear regards

Gido
rekha nag
2016-02-14 04:00:46
Have a good sleep!!! Tough job! Take care!-)
David Goldstein
2016-02-13 08:39:35
Hi Gido, I thought I have 1 or 2 pics in the selection but can't see them. Maybe they were not selected but wanted to be sure. Thanks for your help David
Gido
2016-02-13 01:58:09
Hi All,

Today the final curators round will take place life offline in Hamburg. The curators wich can't be there already started to vote for the nominated photos and you can check out the amount of votes your photo got here:

http://world-street.photography/en/photobooks/photosbyvotes/world-street-photography-2016-nominations

The photos appearing in this selection have a small red number on the right top which resamble the amount of curator votes they got to get into the photobook.
This amount of votes will go up and down cause we will have to end up with around 100-120 photos from wich around 70-100 will get into the photo book...
If all goes well you can see from arond 15:00 central european time till late into the night the numbers of the votes rise...
It might be that at a point 300-400 photos will be in this selection which is too high for the book for we can only have a third into the book. If this happens we will decide what to do next and tell you about it...
Gido
2016-02-12 09:55:12
Hi All,

For photos only photos made in 2015 will be in our third World Street Photography photo book we took out all photos shot before this date. Some photos still have no date at all in it. Please enter the right date in your photo (and pls be honest about this). Sometimes the exif data wasn't imported at the upload and some people who shoot on film don't have a date on there photo. Just edit your photo and enter the right date in the field "Taken".
All photos nominated but not shot in 2015 are also totally awesome and we all liked them very very much but the book can only contain new photos this time.
The photos nominated but not shot in 2015 can still be found here:
http://world-street.photography/en/photo-competitions/photos/street-photography-book-nominations-outdated

We didn't finish with the nomination but will today. (We still have to review around 1500 photos today, but again we will make mistakes and nominate photos not shot in 2015 and will take them out again)

Tomorrow the curators team will get together in Hamburg and select the photos for the photo book. We hope to do this online if possible. The curator system works with stars, each curator can give 1 star to each photo. I hope we can order the photos by the amount of stars while the curating session takes place so you can see life which photo gets the curators vote for the book.
The more curator votes you get the better the chances are to get into the book.

We are already very excited!

btw if you don't get selected or your photo got into the pool of photos not shot in 2015, don't delete your photo there will be other opportunities to get exposed (like the gallery, other photo books etc)

oh forgot. I had a meeting with the publishing house about the third book, and there will be an exhibition for sure again in June in Hamburg. And we hope we can get more then 1 exhibition this time :-)

Thank you all for joining!!!!

Dear regards

Gido
rekha nag
2016-02-12 11:53:52
Thank you Gido!! Really excited to see the final results! Fingers crossed! And hope the exhibition in Hamburg gets bigger and better!! Cheers!!
Sandip Bose
2016-02-12 14:41:29
Can't wait to find out the final photos. All the best to you and the jury for the tough time ahead :-)
Abir Choudhury
2016-02-12 15:02:06
waiting for the result
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2016-02-12 17:55:33
Great Effort ! All the best ! Waiting ---
Evi Herlyna
2016-02-13 05:46:38
Thanks Gido.
Sincerely appreciated your The Great Effort , charity works.
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2015-09-15 09:30:39
Dear Gido,

Couple of my fotos were identified as curators choice during the current year.One under shades and light 2 and other one under Juxtaposition1. The second foto was taken in 2014. Will they find a place under nomination 2016 ?. Another foto of mine was also there earlier in the nomination list for 2016. Am I there now? Will I be lucky to find a place in the Photobook this year also as in the Photobook 2015 ?

Regards,

Ajayan Kavungal Anat
Leopold Bloom
2015-09-12 15:11:39
Hi Gido,

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember seeing something from me in here but I don't see it anymore.

Cheers
Leopold
Michele Costigliola
2015-09-03 14:50:05

the names of the photographers chosen for the book in 2016 are under membi ??
Gido
2015-09-03 18:04:39
No, but all those members have photos which are nominated for the book

dear regards
Gido

Sandip Bose
2015-09-12 14:15:37
Hi Gido,

I believe I have a few photos nominated for the book, and I can see them under the 'Photobook Photos' tab. But my name doesn't show up under the 'Members' tab here. Is that anything that I need to be worried about?

Regards,
Sandip
Gido
2015-09-12 14:45:42
Hi Sandip,
no that shouldnt be a prblem, as long as your photos appear in the list of nominated photos. That list of photos is the list of photos I will show to the final jury. But it is a bit weird you are not listed and I am listed eventhoug I dont have any photos in the list (I do not participate of course) and also is weird that that in your profil under photobook photos yoir old photos from wsp 2105 dont appear.... I'll check that later.
We hope we can do a jury weekend with all curators with an online confrence and together with the the jury of last year. Siegfried Hansen will be there too for sure life. we will then also reorder some photos for some photos were not in the correct category

Have a great weekend!
Gido
Sandip Bose
2015-09-12 16:05:21
Hi Gido,

Thanks for clarifying. I think a lot of people whose photographs are nominated do not show up in the 'Members' list. Could it be because I registered on Kujaja and not on WSP? I can see my old photos from WSP 2015 under the 'Photobook Photos' tab on the second page.

The year is coming to an end and I am looking forward to the selections for the next photobook. The quality has risen and the number of members have increased , so it is going to be really tough for the jury.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Sandip
Ajayan Kavungal Anat
2015-09-15 09:29:36
Dear Gido,

Couple of my fotos were identified as curators choice during the current year.One under shades and light 2 and other one under Juxtaposition1. The second foto was taken in 2014. Will they find a place under nomination 2016 ?. Another foto of mine was also there earlier in the nomination list for 2016. Am I there now? Will I be lucky to find a place in the Photobook this year also as in the Photobook 2015 ?

Regards,

Ajayan Kavungal Anat

Register

Email Address

Password

Register with facebook
Signup with Google+

By registering, you agree to the Terms of Service.
Already registered?
Forgot password?

Login

This site uses cookies and other tracking technologies to assist with navigation and your ability to provide feedback, analyse your use of our products and services, assist with our promotional and marketing efforts, and provide content from third parties. Cookie Policy