We all life on the planet earth in all different time zones and different parts of the world. If you read this it will be night in another part of the world or morning somewhere else. Just imagine we will all shoot a photo at the exact same minute from our earth and put them into a book so we can see where we really are and how earth really looks like at that moment we all shot a photo. The book will start in a time zone in the noon and while one goes through the book it will become afternoon evening night and morning again. For our imagination it is hard to imagine that a day is always there within each minute of earth. I would love to take this minute of earth with you together and freeze this moment af a day to realise on what beautifull planet we life in. Our most preciuos value is our earth who we have to defend agains polution, for we only have one earth.
Curator of this competition:
End date: 2013-04-20
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Theme is "one minute on earth"
2. The photo needs to be shot at an exact given time. The exect time we will vote about.
3. it has to be scape foto where the sky is visible, this can be a cityscape, landscape, seascape or what ever kind of scape
4. try making at least 3 photos at this moment, all others will decide wich is your best of 3 photos.
5. the photos have to be big enough, take the highest DPI you can shoot with. It must be possible to print the photo a4/letter (8.27 x 11.69 inches) and even better would be a3 (11.69 x 16.54 inches). If its not big enough for the book it wont get in. Please upload at least 2500x2500 pixel, more is only better!
6. if you join the project it is NOT a fact that your photo will be in the book. I will take the privilege to finally decide which photo comes in the book (for example if the photo really doenst fit in it doesn get in).
7. it is a competition there will only be 1 book with the best photos and in each time zone not more then 4 photos will be taken.
8. all normal photography rules rule of course. If people are on the photo you need to have the permission of the people you shot that they appear in the book. I dont want any legal problem with the book.
9. if you upload a photo and drag it into the on minute earth you cant take the photo back, please think carefully if you really want to join.
10. one minute of earth is a non profit book and will have a aid organisation which we will suppport with this book, it will be an organisation which cares about the worlds envirnment. Its not yet decided which.
11. if you join your photo might be in a book, you have to accept that. And some photos will be used to online in a small version to make commercial for the book and or this website.
12. You need to go to your accoun settings and choose a timezone so we all know where you are.
13. there will be some more rules but I cant think of any important things at the moment any more.
14. NO LOGO in your photo. Your photo needs to be without logos. Your name and the title of the photo will always be published together.
15. it migh happen that parts of your photo will be cut of if it doesnt fit into the book exactly. This will be done with care and with maintaining the perfect composition. This wasnt done at the waterbook but if this would have been allowed the results could have been better.
16. No borders around your photo.
hope you all join!