Street photography is a hard theme, there are a lot of really good street photographers and lots of books about this theme. We are looking for the best streetphotographers all around the world.
Again 100% of the profit book will go to the street childern organisation Ashalayam. All rules and ideas are still in progress but you are free to start uploading fotos from this moment on till the end of september 2013.
Perhaps it would be good if you check out what streetphotography is about for example here:
or another streetphotography project:
Information about Ashalayam you find here (and on the german website you will find more information).
Curator of this competition:
End date: 2013-09-30
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The theme is streetphotography.
2. Photo has to be in a city.
3. The photo titel need to end with " - Cityname " where the Cityname is the name of city where you shoot the photo starting with a captical.
4. try making at least 5 photos, maximum of 10. We will try in this case to find a judge about which photos are the best. Still pls vote for the best of x from others so it gets easier to see which are the most beloved photos too.
5. the photos have to be big enough, take the highest DPI you can shoot with. It must be possible to print the photo a4/letter (8.27 x 11.69 inches) and even better would be a3 (11.69 x 16.54 inches). If its not big enough for the book it wont get in. Please upload at least 2500x2500 pixel (and min 240dpi), more is only better!
6. if you join the project it is NOT a fact that your photo will be in the book. At the end it could happen that the book designer cant find a place to fit in eventhough it is a great photo.
7. all normal photography rules rule of course. If people are on the photo you need to have the permission of the people you shot that they appear in the book. I dont want any legal problem with the book.
8. if you upload a photo and drag it into the on the streetphotograpy menu on the left you cant take the photo back, please think carefully if you really want to join.
9. streetphotography is a non profit book and will have a aid organisation which we will suppport with this book, it will be an organisation which cares about street children (Ashalayam).
10. if you join your photo might be in a book, you have to accept that. And some photos will be used to online in a small version to make commercial for the book and or this website.
11. there will be some more rules but I cant think of any important things at the moment any more.
12. NO LOGO in your photo. Your photo needs to be without logos. Your name and the title of the photo will always be published together.
13. it migh happen that parts of your photo will be cut of if it doesnt fit into the book exactly. This will be done with care and with maintaining the perfect composition. This wasnt done at the waterbook but if this would have been allowed the results could have been better.
14. No borders around your photo.
15. The book will have a maximum of 100 pages, (about) 100 photos (with the best) votes will come into the book. If enough photos are uploaded we can also try to do an offset print like we tried with the night photobook too.
16. To get a unity within the book it's best to upload B&W photos for most photos are in B&W, still this is not sure if your photo fits better in colour do it in colour.
17. most important of course, the photo needs to have been taken by you, you must have all rights to the photos you upload. We will NOT take any copyrights rights from you, your work remains your work. We will of course want to use it without charge within the photobook, on this website (perhaps on an exhibition) and some photos will be used to promote on facebook (if you dont want us to use your photo for promotion just edit your photo and deactivate this option)
18. Your name (city and country) will always be printed in the book refering to your photo.