This is another street photography project. We are looking for amazing photos from people using public tranpsort all around the world
date: 2015-january 29th; we added all kinds of public transportation to this project not only under the ground.
Photo Agnieszka Maruszczyk, Poland
End date: 2016-10-22
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The theme is Public transportation like bus, bus station, train, train station, underground, underground station etc (Street photography only, no architectural photos)
2. Photo has to be shot in or at a public transportation vehicle or stop and must have people on the photo.
3. This is a project, if we get enough photos this might become a book.
4. try uploading at least 5photos, maximum of 20. We will try in this case to find a judge about which photos are the best. Still please vote for the best of x from others so it gets easier to see which are the most beloved photos too.
5. the photos have to be big enough, take the highest DPI you can shoot with. It must be possible to print the photo a4/letter (8.27 x 11.69 inches) and even better would be a3 (11.69 x 16.54 inches). If it’s not big enough for the book it won’t get in. Please upload at least 2500x2500 pixel (and min 240dpi), more is only better! Photos with a too low resolution will be taken off the project without notice.
6. if you join the project it is NOT a fact that your photo will be in the book. At the end it could happen that the book designer can’t find a place to fit in even though it is a great photo or got the most votes. Votes do count cause the jury will take a closer look at photos with a high number votes.
7. all normal photography rules rule of course. If people are on the photo you officially need to have the permission of the people you shot that they appear in the book. We don’t want any legal problem with the book. Unofficially we do care about this but where there is no prosecutor there is no trial.
8. Public transportation is a non profit book and will have aid organisation which we will support with this book.
10. if you join your photo might be in a book, you have to accept that. And some photos will be used to online in a small version to make commercial (or press work) for the book and or this website.
11. There will be some more rules but I can’t think of any important things at the moment any more.
12. NO LOGO in your photo. Your photo needs to be without logos. Your name and the title of the photo will always be published together. Photos with a logo will be taken off the project without notice.
13. it might happen that parts of your photo will be cut off if it doesn’t fit into the book exactly. This will be done with care and with maintaining the perfect composition. This wasn’t done at the water book but if this would have been allowed the results could have been better.
14. No borders around your photo.
15. The book will presumably have a maximum of 130 pages, (about) 100 photos (with the best) votes will come into the book. If enough photos are uploaded we can also try to do an offset print like we tried with the night photo book too.
16. most important of course, the photo needs to have been taken by you, you must have all rights to the photos you upload. We will NOT take any copyrights rights from you, your work remains your work. We will of course want to use it without charge within the photo book, on this website (perhaps on an exhibition) and some photos will be used to promote on facebook (if you don’t want us to use your photo for promotion just edit your photo and deactivate this option)
17. Your name (city and country) will always be printed in the book referring to your photo, we need a small story about you which will be published in the book.